You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Stannis is almost certainly dead in the show.

Hidden Text:

Jon practically takes up Stannis's book storyline in season 6.

In the books though, I don't think Stannis is dead just yet.

Bummer. It's cool they are doing that other thing, but him returning was an expectation. Without knowing the story line from the books I can imagine it being good though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Who do you think wrote the letter to Jon at the end of the book Neemo?

Just assuming it was Ramsay

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

What are the theories Atari?

Who do u think wrote it?

AtariLegend wrote:

Keeping in mind that it doesn't read like something Ramsay (hanging people instead of flaying them ect.) has actually wrote and Ramsay would have no idea who Melisande is or have any need for Val ect. Then you have to assume that if the letter is legit, then Ramsay just made those demands just to fuck with Jon for no reason.

I think that if Ramsay did write the letter then it's a trick played by Stannis. In other words Ramsay hears back from someone that Roose led the Boltons to victory and maybe he get's given Stannis sword as proof. I'm pretty sure Ramsay stays in Winterfell after Roose leads the armies out the gates, Ramsay isn't actually at the battle.

So Ramsay gets tricked into thinking that everything went great and his father's victorious army is marching back (probably Manderly's forces from white harbor who it's obvious instead to switch sides since they hate the Boltons). In haste he writes the letter to Jon thinking that everything he said was true.

The other options from the POV or important characters involved in this plot thread:

Mance - is the most popular fan theory, he has the opportunity, connection to all the characters and the motivation (surely too easy and not enough of a twist)

Stannis - with the help of Theon wanting Jon to ride South with the Wildlings and not thinking of the consequences of Jon breaking his vows (This would be a bad twist even if their's minor logic to it).

Theon - has a connection to all the characters. Lacks the motivation.

Asha - has everything except that she has no idea who Jon is, so it wouldn't make sense.

Melissandre - because she knows if Jon is killed he's technically freed of his Night Watch vows and she can just resurrect him afterwards? Another one that would be a bad twist.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I dunno I think ramsay makes the most sense still ... as killing the last of Ned's heirs would, in his mind, make him the proper warden of the north

I'm not sure what stannis would gain from Jon thinking him dead?

Stannis may not be dead ... but it would still potentially get Jon moving

AtariLegend wrote:

This is how a professional avoids a question.

At 3.04 in this you can see a shot where they're on the set of episode 9. I've heard that it's alot more muddy than it looks.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

2.08 - Stannis talking to Melisandre?

johndivney wrote:

Davos to my eyes.. Tho my eyesight's shit!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

So is mine, could be Dany to be fair 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Can't wait to see McShane. Legendary in Deadwood.

Board footer