You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Alternate artwork (NEW scans inside!)

smoke wrote:

Color me confused.  Listen, could someone here point me to a thread where the entire leak history is laid out? I'm came back to the GNR fold late- it was Jan 06 when I came across The Blues, TWAT, and IRS.  I'd love to see a timeline with sources (if known), and see what else I may have missed along the way.

And whatever made up the 2002 CD that misterID is talking about, if there's a mixed version anywhere, I'd sure love to hear it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You don't need to be a mind-reader to understand that Richard can write and release songs and albums whenever he wants to. It's 2011, not 1911. The fact that he hasn't started a solo effort proves that he has zero motivation to create something.

Sorry for the harsh comments, but sometimes I feel like I'd be @ HTGTH, with the same stupid arguments and zealot quotes popping up without an ounce of thought. By the same guys, just check Ali's post there, I remember him quite well. It's just the same brainless Axlite jarmoish mantra over and over again. I use the ignore function to avoid further personal fights with that guy. It's up to Buzzsaw now. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
smoke wrote:

Color me confused.  Listen, could someone here point me to a thread where the entire leak history is laid out? I'm came back to the GNR fold late- it was Jan 06 when I came across The Blues, TWAT, and IRS.  I'd love to see a timeline with sources (if known), and see what else I may have missed along the way.

And whatever made up the 2002 CD that misterID is talking about, if there's a mixed version anywhere, I'd sure love to hear it.

Chinese Whispers by sic.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

All those demos needed was to be mixed. I've heard mixed versions of the 2002 Chinese Democracy, with all the effects/Pittman and Bucket, turned up. It sounds fantastic......

Do what now?

Yeah i'm kind of wondering that myself. That's a HUGE statement. Talk about ID-Discovery.

Closest I ever heard to anything like that was those 2002 Soundboards from the live shows that were like CD-quality cuts of the song where you could hear Bucket & Robin & Chris, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I think he is confused.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh,I meant they were a few fan mixes of the original demo. I was going to post that I would've killed to hear Andy Wallace mix the original demos. Nothing official. Sorry for the confusion.

There's one video CD mix here:

http://www.gunsnroses.us/

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I fall into an odd category when it comes to Richard. I love what he does in GNR but I guess it comes down to your definition of "what he does in GNR" right?

I like richard for the following reasons:

1. Rock solid playing of the rhythm parts live. Sure lots of people can do that but he had the chops in spades to do what he does which frees him up to entertain and to add little touches...see my next point...

2. Nice little touches - eg use of the sustainer on Maddy when playing pauls part. Think it was him that added that.

3. When he plays slash-leads the melody is close to the source material.

4. He's clearly got a lot of technical skill on guitar hiding in the background...things like that James Bond stuff show it off a little.

madagas wrote:

and personally, I think new Gnr should have only been two guitarists-Finck on rhythm and Bucket on lead...Tobias can mess around with Axl in the studio all he wants but the parts should have been played by Finck and Bucket.

I think i was saying in the other thread. I think having one lead guitarist of the caliber of Ron or Bucket would have made a lot of difference to the way the band went over.

I mean the old days had Slash doing all leads and with a very knowable and distinct look - and he's an impressive guitarist in terms of his X factor even though on raw ability there's people that can out shred him - but there's something about him that makes his just very awesome.

That needed to be replaced with something impressive. And bucket has the chops. I mean I didn't want to like him when I was introduced to him. I was a slash fan - why would I like anyone else - and if i'm going to be honest - the whole bit with the bucket, raincoat, mask and the rest of it - it's cute for a while - but at the end of the day I want my guitarist to get up there and do some shredding and seem cool - and bucket's deal is kinda funny for a while cos it's so old - but it's kinda distracting to me in that it's so non rock.

So getting to the point I didn't want to like him - but damn it the mother can play so nicely...there's the shredding...the freak show taps, but there's also a real nice tone and real nice craft to how he plays - real subtle things that are awesome - he won me over - which means I think he could win over most people - if he'd been utalised enough.

Meanwhile robin's leads were great on the album I think...but his interpretation of slash's stuff. I know russ likes it - but I think it alienates the majority of fans. It's like if Axl came out and sang new lyrics. In my head it was just like "that's NOT how the solo goes". Like if slash had some out and played it like that it would have pissed people off - so like having someone who isn't slash when the audience isnt used to him being gone yet do it was really asking for trouble. I think DJ goes over a lot better with the audience than Robin did beause he's more respectful to the original melodies.

So yeah I think 1 lead guitarist..and sticking closer to the original lines would have gone the trick. But I guess Axl's doing things his own way - and I'll say it seems to be working these days - the band seems to have settled into the 3 guitarist thing.

Just on some level I could see it working with 2 guitarists who were bad ass...immagine Ron and Bucket!! Swapping leads and solos and harmonising parts and stuff.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hopefully misterID can stop by to clarify that statement or possibly share something the rest of us haven't heard?

I assumed he was talking about fan alterations. Like people who got the leaks and fucked with the EQing themselves..

EDIT: Opps...i see he already answered...my bad!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Don't you miss HTGTH? That's your place, go back to the fellow brainwashed zealots. 22

I like you mikka but that comment is way out of line. Ali is most definitely welcome here. In fact, I wish there were more like him here. I know this site has always catered to the "realists", but I like to get that other point of view. It makes discussions much more interesting.

Ali(or anyone) don't need advice on where to post. Ali and most Evo members are at multiple GNR forums. He likes to post here, just like YOU.

As long as he doesn't become a major troll(and he never has) and doesn't break one of the few rules here, he can post any time he wants to.

the record was finished, even mixed at least 5 years prior to its release. the 2006 "demos" are chinese democracy as it should have been released.

Yep. Those were not demos. They were finished tracks for the album in 2002 had it materialized. I find it insane how such a minority of fans realize this.

This is why I find Apex(and others) comments on finishing the album in 2003 onwards to be absurd(no offense, you make great points on the subject). I get what you guys are saying but I disagree. The album was finished in 2001-02. Axl himself stated this. Track list was finalized, had been mixed/mastered, cover art/liner notes also finished.

A Ron wank and a dog whistle known as Fortus did not need to be present to "finish" the album. It was finished before Fortus even entered the equation.

Regarding this Fortus discussion, his discography not very impressive and I just never liked the guy. My years of stating he would have a miniscule contribution on CD or not even be on it was ridiculed for years. The album's release vindicated all my comments. Like madagas said a few years ago regarding the CD saga, " Hard to believe but you were right James".

I LOVE how during those leaks the Fortus fanatics kept raving on his contributions to CD. Saying how the Madagascar solo was one of the most beautiful solos ever and that his solo on The Blues was gonna be a highlight of the album. Take into account this garbage was spewed by Bucket haters.

The only thing the album proved to those douche bags was how much ass Bucket kicked and that instead of Fortus being the "secret weapon" of the project like they believed, Bucket was that weapon.

WaRose is right about the dead horse aspect of this, but the saga itself(NOT the release but the years leading up to it) will always be fascinating and as long as GNR fans who experienced it are alive, it will regularly come up in discussions.

madagas wrote:

and personally, I think new Gnr should have only been two guitarists-Finck on rhythm and Bucket on lead...Tobias can mess around with Axl in the studio all he wants but the parts should have been played by Finck and Bucket.

I think an even better situation would have been having ONE guitarist during the studio sessions....Buckethead. Use these other guys as touring musicians.

Thank you James.

And to Axlin08, there is nothing "pro-Axl" in pointing out how incredibly, ridiculously asinine it is to call Richard Fortus "lazy" because, originally, he hasn't written anything, and after it was pointed out that was factually inaccurate, because he hasn't written a solo record roll

Not to mention the presumptuousness in saying he has no "desire" to create anything.

Oh, and that has nothing to do with Jarmo, either, Mikka roll

Ali

Board footer