You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Bullet for my Valentine singer says Axl Rose is stuck in 1992

Seven wrote:

If you don't have a CD done cash in on mysterious.... Why change what has been working for 15 years?

Sky Dog wrote:

or, why hang out with a bunch of people that your manager hired, who you have NOTHING in common with, and are half your age?:ummm:

nugdafied wrote:

Isn't Axl still working on songs about Stephanie Seymour from 1992?

AtariLegend wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Isn't Axl still working on songs about Stephanie Seymour from 1992?

Were any of the previous ones really that bad, really... smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Axl is still a big star, he will always have that name recgonition due to the level of success he did reach in 1992. However, it is kinda odd for a band to tour with another and never even meet the headline act, so i can see why they might be a bit pissed, big star or not, it would just be manners to say hi to the guys once. However these comments they made about 1990s ruin their argument to me.

Sky Dog wrote:

seriously, the whole thing is a joke. These guys and all the shitty opening acts the last few years are complete wannabe's. They have the balls to criticize a guy who has sold over 90 million albums. Worldwide, this clown hasn't even done 2 million.

Either way, it is somebody's fault for scheduling these crap bands. While Faith No More, Soundgarden, etc were definitely not that friendly either, they had clear, recognizable talent and they were their contemporaries, they were the same age. (and they were great bands). These last few years have just been brutal. For the most part, opening acts just suck. Either co-headline with a top shelf act, or just go it alone.:sick:

In the mid seventies, Dylan did a tour called The Rolling Thunder Revue. He had a large group of eclectic musicians who would come out and play their solo stuff, then all collaborate with Dylan for his show. I think it would be cool for Tommy to play some solo stuff, Bumble, Diz, Richard...they could make it a nice hodge podge of various rock and roll stuff. Then, finish it off with Axl and the Gnr thing. You have to think outside of the box. 90% of a Gnr audience wants nothing to do with the current music scene. They really aren't gaining any new fans by having these younger bands. I'm ramblin'.:nervous:

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

^^

I did like Papa Roach though.

Abbey_Road wrote:

^^

I did like Papa Roach though.

I have to agree, Papa Roach rocked MSG!!  9

nugdafied wrote:
madagas wrote:

Either way, it is somebody's fault for scheduling these crap bands. While Faith No More, Soundgarden, etc were definitely not that friendly either, they had clear, recognizable talent. They were great bands. These last few years have just been brutal. For the most part, opening acts just suck.Either co-headline with a top shelf act, or just go it alone.:sick:

I think they have asked some bigger acts to open, but got the cold shoulder. Blink 182 comes to mind.

Sky Dog wrote:

Blink 182????? Oh no....

Board footer