You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bullet for my Valentine singer says Axl Rose is stuck in 1992

Sky Dog wrote:

The Eagles of Death Metal would have been fine, but Axl kinda fucked that one up!:haha:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Most of the bands that they could ask to tour that would be big enough to please you guys are more accomplished that Axl and his current emplyees are.  As some people like to remind everybody, this isn't 1991 anymore.  If Axl was touring as anything not named Guns N' Roses, the opening acts would have had a bigger following than Axl's band.  The only saving grace is the name.  Why do you really think ownership of the name was so important to Axl?  So he could preserve the legacy?  The legacy is tarnished a little more everytime this band takes the stage as Guns N' Roses.  Dollars and cents - Axl's only remaining driving force.

Sky Dog wrote:

Actually, if all he cared about was money, he would have dropped this project after the 2002 disaster and reunited the old band for a big cash grab tour-a real true sellout....2 sides to every coin Buzz.:peace:

Axl isn't that simple to dissect-he is quite a complex character. You love him-you hate him, he can be the nicest guy in the world and the biggest asshole. He is truly a walking contradiction.:headbang:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Actually, if all he cared about was money, he would have dropped this project after the 2002 disaster and reunited the old band for a big cash grab tour-a real true sellout....2 sides to every coin Buzz.:peace:

Axl isn't that simple to dissect-he is quite a complex character. You love him-you hate him, he can be the nicest guy in the world and the biggest asshole. He is truly a walking contradiction.:headbang:

Yeah, his ego is the only thing keeping him from what he really wants.  I think he's actually quite simple.  He's one of those people that destroys everything around them because they don't believe they deserve to be happy.  No love, no career success, no real friends, etc.  I hope that's the case at least - if not, he's more pathetic than he already seems.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

kinda ties into the whole Die Mannequin thing i posted....hmmm interesting

Board footer