You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N'Roses to play Rock in Rio

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's a GREAT shot of Axl on the front page.

Good for the Brazilian fans... even if I did kind of snap at them for being fanboys, for whatever reason. 14

I have my Axlisms too

Just an FYI, that GREAT pic of Axl was apparently taken by Jarmo.  At least that's my understanding for Fernando thanking Jarmo for allowing them to use the picture.  I know people love to dump on Jarmo and ask what the hell he does.  Well, he took that picture, among many other great ones on the last tour.  So that's something.  Just giving credit where credit is due.

I think, considering all the shitty pictures people have been using of Axl lately, that it was better than usual.

And jarmo brought everything he's getting on himself. The last bullshit argument I saw from him was that it was America's fault that GNR aren't more popular here because Americans like whatever the media tells us to like, and apparantly all American media are specifically biased against Axl (even though the reviews for CD here were great), unlike other countries. roll

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I never want to hear Estranged played without Axl and Slash.  They can do the rest of the catalog...leave that one the way it was meant to be.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's a GREAT shot of Axl on the front page.

Good for the Brazilian fans... even if I did kind of snap at them for being fanboys, for whatever reason. 14

I have my Axlisms too

Just an FYI, that GREAT pic of Axl was apparently taken by Jarmo.  At least that's my understanding for Fernando thanking Jarmo for allowing them to use the picture.  I know people love to dump on Jarmo and ask what the hell he does.  Well, he took that picture, among many other great ones on the last tour.  So that's something.  Just giving credit where credit is due.

I think, considering all the shitty pictures people have been using of Axl lately, that it was better than usual.

And jarmo brought everything he's getting on himself. The last bullshit argument I saw from him was that it was America's fault that GNR aren't more popular here because Americans like whatever the media tells us to like, and apparantly all American media are specifically biased against Axl (even though the reviews for CD here were great), unlike other countries. roll

Yeah I gotta be honest, with a HQ camera, I could take a great shot of every single band member.

Jarmo is an idiot and always will be. With all due respect. He's been playing that country-politics shit with Guns at least since 2006.

That's the part of music I always liked - it's universal. An American, Canadian, French, Chinese, Japanese, African, Brazilian, Australian, etc. can all stand arms around each other with "Guns N' Roses" shirts on anywhere in the world - because music transcends race/religion/sex.

Jarmo tries to pigeonhole that shit and always has, and there's a LARGE segment of HIGHLY ARROGANT Europeans on his board and always have been that are convinced because they're European, they know music better than anyone else in the world.

Fuck that

johndivney wrote:

europeans do know rock music (& music) better than the north americans.
it's a fact. everyone knows it.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl said he wanted to bury afd ONE FUCKING TIME....ONE FUCKING TIME...ONE FUCKING TIME on the MTV documentary in 1989.....22 fucking years ago while they were starting to record UYI. He has not said that since....quit fucking exaggerating. Axl can do whatever he wants because ...well, it is HIS band and last I checked he was a part of the original band so all the songs are his one way or the other. He can't fucking cover himself because they are his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Yeah he took it back after he knew people didnt want to hear the CD songs. And last time I checked axl is not the only person in the band, so the other musican's are covering the AFD band and the CD version of the band.

And  you would think if Axl thinks he is guns n roses and the real talent of the band, then he would want to showcase the songs he wrote without the AFD./UYI band instead of rehashing songs he wrote 20 years ago

Axl always said he wanted to prove people wrong, and he was just getting teary eyed thinking about it, but the funny thing he, they were proven right.

Axl knows unless he plays mostly old songs no one will give a shit about him. That is why he kept the name guns n roses instead of changing the band name.

And guns n roses is NOT his band, it was Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duffs. They are the ones who made GNR huge not just axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

I know all that, but it is HIS band now and has been his band legally since May of 1998. People get older and there opinions of things change over time. Axl would be an idiot to not be proud of the original bands recordings. He is the lead singer and played a huge role in the identity of the band to the public. A much bigger role than Izzy, Duff, and Steven/Matt. I will give you Slash as being equal but not the rest....not in the eyes of the public and not in value to the "brand". hmm

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Izzy was a huge factor in the fans eyes, you ask most old school Gnr fans, when it was be beginning of the end and most will say when Izzy left.  Hell I know alot of my friends think Izzy was the real talented song writer in Gnr. 

The fact is Axl has not had a hit without Izzy in the band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Izzy was a huge factor in the fans eyes, you ask most old school Gnr fans, when it was be beginning of the end and most will say when Izzy left.  Hell I know alot of my friends think Izzy was the real talented song writer in Gnr. 

The fact is Axl has not had a hit without Izzy in the band.

With hardcore GNR fans, maybe.  But you ask the casual fan what makes GNR and they'll say Axl and Slash, they might not even know who the hell Izzy is.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Younger Gnr fans who just buy the GHs album, yes but any Gnr fan over 30 knows who Izzy is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Younger Gnr fans who just buy the GHs album, yes but any Gnr fan over 30 knows who Izzy is.

I'm not particularly speaking of GNR fans like us per se.  If you're a true fan of a band, you most likely know the members.  But I have a lot of friends who are casual GNR fans to where they love and own either some or all their albums, have gone to multiple GNR shows, and are over 30, and I think they'd struggle to name Izzy.  In fact I'd be willing to bet they'd name Duff after Slash and then Steven even before Izzy, just because Izzy hasn't been in the limelight since he left GNR.

Board footer