You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Guns N'Roses to play Rock in Rio

jamester wrote:

http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,, … ORNAL.html
Guns N'Roses está cotado para o Rock in Rio, diz jornal
Roberto Medina, organizador do evento, conversou na última semana com o vocalista da banda, Axl Rose.

0,,46960304-GDH,00.jpg

O Guns N'Roses está cotado para tocar no Rock in Rio, em setembro, diz a coluna de Ancelmo Gois no jornal "O Globo". Roberto Medina, organizador do evento, conversou na última semana com o vocalista da banda, Axl Rose, e há boas chances de o grupo ser confirmado no festival. O Guns N'Roses já se apresentou na segunda e na terceira edições do evento, em 1991 e 2001.

Guns N'Roses is listed for Rock in Rio, says newspaper
Roberto Medina, the event organizer, spoke last week with the band's frontman, Axl Rose.

0,,46960304-GDH,00.jpg

Guns N'Roses is tipped to play at Rock in Rio in September, says the column Ancelmo Gois's daily O Globo. Roberto Medina, the event organizer, spoke last week with the band's frontman, Axl Rose, and chances are good that the group is confirmed in the festival. Guns N'Roses has performed in the second and third editions of the event in 1991 and 2001.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
jamester wrote:

Tommy Stinson
Don't know when the next Rock In Rio is or where it will be but it sounds like fun to me. Fingers crossed.

Connection? Hope so. 9

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah it def seems like its connected, it would be great to see them do it.

johndivney wrote:

i think tommy's tweet is in response to the poll that was on the RiR website that GnR fans flooded.. i ASSume some GnR fans asked him about the possibility..

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Ah I see.  sad

johndivney wrote:

wouldn't be sadfaced... there's no smoke w/o fire & it's not like tommy to comment on these sorta things.. there is defo reason to be hopeful!

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I hope your right, it would be awesome if it turned out true.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I take it as his way to tell GnR and fans he would like to do it.

The speculation is the last headliner will be announced Sunday...I guess we will see.

There is also talk that Axl has a standing invite to show up at will. To say that the event will re organize on the spot for GnR.

Is it Sunday there? this paper could be what people were waiting on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Positive Sign!  I hope it happens, and I hope there is a proshoot of it like in 2001 or whenever it was for those of us miles from Rio!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

How ironic... Guns N' Roses plays the 'REAL' Rock In Rio three times, and every time was a virtually different lineup from the previous one.

Rio II:

Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Matt
Dizzy

Rio III:

Axl
Robin
Bucket
Paul