You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N'Roses to play Rock in Rio

misterID wrote:

I kind of hope they don't play a new song live. At least not a "big gun." I'll be pissed if the first time I hear The General it's through a live bootleg.

And no, I wouldn't be able to not listen to it.

johndivney wrote:

i fucking loved hearing the new songs from the shitty RIR boots & HoB

remember listening to them in school with my mate & he says to me, "axl's still got it" cuase maddy & the blues (especially the blues - the blues '01 was the best version of that song by a million miles) & the title track (with the original 'if your ass were your head you could tell' line)

i would completely geek out if they played even one new song @ RiR '11

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

At some point, playing the same tired setlist is no longer a good thing.

most bands play the same songs over and over again at live shows- actually 7-9 songs from the latest cd release per night is probably more than most artists of the same vintage...just sayin

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

At some point, playing the same tired setlist is no longer a good thing.

most bands play the same songs over and over again at live shows- actually 7-9 songs from the latest cd release per night is probably more than most artists of the same vintage...just sayin

yeah and those bands mostly have all or most of their original members, this band does not.  Axl has always said he wants to bury AFD yet 20 years after making that statement he is still playing pretty much all of AFD every show.

Axl is hellbent on proving he is gnr yet he wont play songs he wrote with out the old band because he knows the new songs live go over like farts in church.

Axl knows fans mostly only care about hearing the classics and not the new stuff, he is basically just a cover band of the AFD band

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl said he wanted to bury afd ONE FUCKING TIME....ONE FUCKING TIME...ONE FUCKING TIME on the MTV documentary in 1989.....22 fucking years ago while they were starting to record UYI. He has not said that since....quit fucking exaggerating. Axl can do whatever he wants because ...well, it is HIS band and last I checked he was a part of the original band so all the songs are his one way or the other. He can't fucking cover himself because they are his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i fucking loved hearing the new songs from the shitty RIR boots & HoB

remember listening to them in school with my mate & he says to me, "axl's still got it" cuase maddy & the blues (especially the blues - the blues '01 was the best version of that song by a million miles) & the title track (with the original 'if your ass were your head you could tell' line)

i would completely geek out if they played even one new song @ RiR '11

I also remember how cool it was to finally get that VHS of RIR'01 in the mail and watching it with my cousin! Great day!!!
smile

Not sure I would completely "geek out" if they played new songs this year, I'm not as starved for new songs now as I was back then. But it sure as hell would be cool!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl said he wanted to bury afd ONE FUCKING TIME....ONE FUCKING TIME...ONE FUCKING TIME on the MTV documentary in 1989.....22 fucking years ago while they were starting to record UYI. He has not said that since....quit fucking exaggerating. Axl can do whatever he wants because ...well, it is HIS band and last I checked he was a part of the original band so all the songs are his one way or the other. He can't fucking cover himself because they are his songs!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

You need to put your karma back on.

johndivney wrote:

can't believe people r still getting trolled by dave.. it's probs him you need to donate your karma points to..

Board footer