You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Guns n roses There was a time cover

Gibbo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWmwf_0 … re=related   This bloke does some pretty good covers

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Nice work.

These kind of accoustic covers show how great the melodies and basic songs are I always think.

TWAT is really a beautiful song....the "I would do anything" part always gets me...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Pretty. Very pretty. Just shows how good the song is

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

yer hes good bit of a freak he loves axl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSiBsX6z8A

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

THis ones good Right next door to hell http://www.youtube.com/user/axl77#p/u/33/uM-2Py5VSSk

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Nice work.

These kind of accoustic covers show how great the melodies and basic songs are I always think.

TWAT is really a beautiful song....the "I would do anything" part always gets me...

THat is why CD would have been much better stripped down.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. These YouTube covers show and vindicate every single one of us that said that Axl should've just took the 2007 band into the studio, re-recorded the entire album together and released that version in 2008 as CD.

Sky Dog wrote:

Gordon Lightfoot doing Axl...that was pretty sweet!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Yeah, it's an interesting idea, I mean i really like the full version too, as it's kind of unusual for albums to have so many layers, it makes it quite a journey when you listen from start to finish. I know a lot of people hate it but I think it has it's own place.

But a stripped down version would be interesting. I'd love to hear what the songs would be like with a smaller band...like just frank, richard, tommy, axl and bumble.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Yeah, it's an interesting idea, I mean i really like the full version too, as it's kind of unusual for albums to have so many layers, it makes it quite a journey when you listen from start to finish. I know a lot of people hate it but I think it has it's own place.

But a stripped down version would be interesting. I'd love to hear what the songs would be like with a smaller band...like just frank, richard, tommy, axl and bumble.

Its not that CD has layers, that is not a bad thing, but when you have one solo consist of 3 different guitar players or parts pasted together, it gets a little silly. 

Thats why I still really want to hear the 2002 verison of this album before Axl started to add layer after layer.  It seems like after Axl had the skelton of the song, he just started pasting cool guitar bits onto the songs and that doesnt make a song better.

Even the UYI demos are better than the album versions, just take Dont Cry, Back off bitch and the garden for example.

Board footer