You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Dj Says working new GnR songs ! :Ashba Black Carpet Interview

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

When I saw the thread title I only read the first part of DJ says working on new GNR songs and I thought it was a radio DJ.  That is how unimportant DJ Ashba is.

I don't believe it either. As I'm sure madagas remembers, Tommy made a statement in an interview back in 2004-05 that the band was working on CD but come to find out, it was bullshit. I don't fault Tommy with that as he was likely frustrated and wanted to throw the starving fans a bone, but nothing is happening until Axl or a manager speaks.

Ashba and Dizzy mentioned a new album in either 2009 or 2010 and Bumblefoot gave a reality check by saying the post CD lineup had done NOTHING in regards to new music.

Axl, for the love of God just unload another album from those 2000-2002 CD sessions.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Actually, don't bother unless you're going to do it the right way; which really means don't bother.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl, for the love of God just unload another album from those 2000-2002 CD sessions.

Absolutely. I'll be surprised if the next album isn't rolled out exactly like CD, with the new guys covering some of Bucket, Brain and Robin's parts. Perhaps a new song or two. I remember during the Trunk show when Axl called in from rehearsal he said the band was playing a song they hadn't even recorded yet... SO basically, even the new new songs will be old songs 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not really against new members adding a bit to a second album anymore. I hate for more songs from the real CD era to be diluted again, but at least its new music and we can once again see now much potential that old lineup had.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
GUNS N' ROSES Is 'Working On New Songs Every Day,' Says Guitarist DJ ASHBA http://dlvr.it/PpNlL

its pickin up steam ..i wonder if bumble will respond again

Lomax wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nice 9

for the record, Neemo, I know you like DJ.....I don't.....no disrespect to you at all. He has some chops but it just rubs me the wrong way with all his Slashesque postures. Tough for me to take. Bucket, Robin, and Richard definitely have their own style. DJ seems like a mercenary.:/

Lomax wrote:

Hi Dj  shut up *censored*, bye dj

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Out right insulting band members seems pretty low... If you don't prefer DJ's sound you don't have to be a clown about it Riad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not saying anything will happen soo...but I dont see why it's a bad thing for this interview.

I figure:

Fact #1: GNR stuff takes a long time to happen.
Fact #2: Most of us want something to happen.
Fact #3: We know there's more bucket era material with Ron added.

Assumption: The next album will probably be that material with DJ/Frank added.

Logically then, if GNR is going to ever put out a new album, the next logical step is DJ working on the tracks. The sooner this happens - the sooner the next part - more reworking / mixing /deal making for releases and all that can start up. And lets be honest - that's not a fast process usually for GNR.

So in my mind its fucking good news that the process is moving forward. Does it mean that there will be an album in the short to medium term. Hell no. But it's the next step toward a new album...and that makes me happy.

Board footer