You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: "AXL ROSE Is One Of The Greatest Assholes Of All Time"- STEVEN ADLER

jamester wrote:

Robert Collins of The Canadian Jewish News recently conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On his two-decade-long heroin and crack cocaine addiction:

"I tried killing myself. It is not easy! A human body can put up with a lot. I had a stroke, a mild heart attack and I was in a coma for four days — all at once. My doctor said I'd be brain dead or lose the left side of my body. I was blessed because I can still play drums and I didn't lose my brain."

On being fired from GUNS N' ROSES in July 1990:

"I wasn't expecting to get kicked out of the band. That was unexpected. I was just doing the same drugs that the other guys were doing. That's what all my idols did!"

On his 2010 autobiography "My Appetite For Destruction: Sex & Drugs & Guns N' Roses", published by HarperCollins:

“Writing the book was emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually healing. I got to put everything in my life on paper. At the beginning of the book I talked about hanging out in nightclubs as a teenager and getting sexually abused by older men. I thought that if I said those words out loud I would feel worse and people would think bad of me. It was the complete opposite. Once I said it and people understood, it was like a huge weight was lifted off of me."

On his new band, ADLER'S APPETITE:

"When I'm on stage playing with my new band, it totally reminds me of back in the day playing clubs on Sunset Strip. And the new songs go over just as great as the [GUNS N' ROSES] songs. It's a kick-ass rock and roll show. Every night we think, 'God help whoever has to open up for us.' We don't care if we play for two or 2,000 or 200,000 people, you're going to get the same thing."

On why a reformation of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup should happen:

"There are two reasons why I want to do a tour with the original GUNS N' ROSES guys. There's all the love I receive around the world. I have heard ''Appetite For Destruction' is the soundtrack to my life' in so many languages. I've heard it thousands of times and that is the greatest thing anyone can say to me. We owe it to those fans. And two, the money we could make! The whole thing could make billions of dollars. All we have to do is get on stage with each other for 90 minutes."  ( 16  )

Read the entire interview from The Canadian Jewish News.
adlersolo.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I personally think more mutual respect is involved today than it was in 1990-1995. In regards to recording practices.
I think if Axl would be willing to at least re-affirm to the guys that he's willing to actually work at it to achieve a release sooner than later, the other guys would be willing to accept Axl's moves and tweaking of their stuff.

I think Axl feels the pressure he feels today, because Izzy's not there. I think if he knew Izzy & Duff were handling other lyrics & melodies than just himself, he'd have more trust in the overall end product.

Now this is just me being a fan, but I don't see at all why they couldn't record an album.

I think alot of Axl's perfectionism had more to do with a lack of confidence that was lost, when he lost Izzy, Slash & Duff within a few years.

He suddenly was even MORE picky over it, because to this day he does not trust the writing crew he has AT ALL. Even Tommy.

1987-93 Guns gave Axl a HUGE comfort-zone that he took for granted at the time. I think he appreciates it more now and would be more flexible.

In my opinion. I'm sure TONS disagree with me on this.

This is the post of someone who's been in a deep sleep since 1988 16

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

STEVEN ADLER On AXL ROSE: 'He Cares So Much That He Takes It To Another Level' - May 6, 2011
On May 4, Stew Herrera of the Southern California rock station 95.5 KLOS conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked about the possibility of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup, Adler said, "It's really up to [singer] Axl [Rose]. The ball's in his court. He gets a lot of lack for… People think he doesn't care, but it's the complete opposite — he cares so much that he takes it to another level. He's a superstar. He demands so much out of himself. There's been times we've been on stage and he's gotten so angry with himself — I know it seems crazy, and it is a little crazy — that he would leave the stage. He's such a perfectionist that if he felt like he wasn't doing his best, he would freak, he would get upset with himself. He's not mad at the world, he's just a perfectionist who gets mad at himself. But he's the greatest. I mean, who have you got? Throughout the time of rock and roll, you've got Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, and you've got Axl Rose."

Speaking to The Canadian Jewish News, Adler stated about the prospect of reuniting with his former bandmates, "There are two reasons why I want to do a tour with the original GUNS N' ROSES guys. There's all the love I receive around the world. I have heard ''Appetite For Destruction' is the soundtrack to my life' in so many languages. I've heard it thousands of times and that is the greatest thing anyone can say to me. We owe it to those fans. And two, the money we could make! The whole thing could make billions of dollars. All we have to do is get on stage with each other for 90 minutes."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I personally think more mutual respect is involved today than it was in 1990-1995. In regards to recording practices.
I think if Axl would be willing to at least re-affirm to the guys that he's willing to actually work at it to achieve a release sooner than later, the other guys would be willing to accept Axl's moves and tweaking of their stuff.

I think Axl feels the pressure he feels today, because Izzy's not there. I think if he knew Izzy & Duff were handling other lyrics & melodies than just himself, he'd have more trust in the overall end product.

Now this is just me being a fan, but I don't see at all why they couldn't record an album.

I think alot of Axl's perfectionism had more to do with a lack of confidence that was lost, when he lost Izzy, Slash & Duff within a few years.

He suddenly was even MORE picky over it, because to this day he does not trust the writing crew he has AT ALL. Even Tommy.

1987-93 Guns gave Axl a HUGE comfort-zone that he took for granted at the time. I think he appreciates it more now and would be more flexible.

In my opinion. I'm sure TONS disagree with me on this.

This is the post of someone who's been in a deep sleep since 1988 16

We can call it "sleep" if you want.

Uhhhhhhhhh 11

Board footer