You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: "AXL ROSE Is One Of The Greatest Assholes Of All Time"- STEVEN ADLER

jamester wrote:

adlersolo2010.jpg

STEVEN ADLER: 'AXL ROSE Is One Of The Greatest Assholes Of All Time, And I Say That With Love' - May 2, 2011

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler was interviewed on last week's edition of "Matty P's Radio Happy Hour". You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. (Note: The Adler interview begins around the 84-minute mark.)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=157562
On whether GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose is as much of a diva as everyone makes him out to be:

Adler: "He's not a diva, he's an asshole. One of the greatest assholes of all time — and I say that with love."

On seeing the "new" version of GUNS N' ROSES in Las Vegas in 2006:

Adler: "First off, I walked into the venue and I saw three guys playing guitar that all looked like Izzy. It's funny that [Axl] needs three guitar players to take the place of one. He's got three guitar players to take care of [Slash's guitar duties]. That just shows how great Slash is. . . At first, his manager told me to leave. I walked in and he said, 'Dude, you better leave. I don't want Axl to get pissed off.' So I left, and I'm opening the front door to my house and my phone is ringing and I answer it and it's his manager, Del. He goes, 'Dude, I'm sorry. He wants to see you.' So I got in the car and went right back."

In a recent interview with The Jewish Chronicle, Adler stated about his former band, "Why do you think we were so successful? Because it was the five of us. We had something special. We had a bond. No matter how much bullshit there's been all these years, there's one thing that Axl [Rose] and his lawyers can never take away, and that's that we were five brothers who achieved the goals we had since before we were teenagers. And what do brothers do best? They fight with each other! I don't hate them now. My wounds are healed. It's a shame that Axl and Slash won't talk. Every day they don't talk is a day that magic isn't being created. Even if we just did one tour, one record, one song together, the gods want to hear it."

Regarding why he thinks a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup should happen, he said, "There's all the love I receive around the world. I have heard 'Appetite For Destruction' is the soundtrack to my life' in so many languages. And there's the money we could make. The whole thing could make billions of dollars. All we have to do is get on stage with each other for 90 minutes. And I want to finish what I started. Thank God for putting these jackasses in my life."

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Well ya know...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nothing he said in there that isn't true.

And based on his statements and other members of the past that all of the fuckin' beggars and hangers on around Axl are 80% of the fuckin' problem.

Alot of fuckin' people keep those guys from Axl, because they know that if the REAL band ever gets back together, alot of mother fuckers are losing their dead ass jobs.

Sky Dog wrote:

still not a good way to get a reunion going.....King Dick just laughs and says "have fun on skid row poodle boy."

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well, this is probably nitpicking, but they don't exactly have 3 guitarists to fill the void left by Slash.  Steven mentioned Izzy, but forgot that OF the 3 guitarists they have, one (Richard) has to play the Izzy role.  I know Fortus does play some leads at times, but for the most part he's the rhythm guitarist, and DJ/Ron trade off on Slash's parts.

Also, I think he far overestimates how much the "gods want to hear" one song, one record, or one tour from the AFD era lineup.  A tour would be large, no doubt.  But I think an album would fall far below expectations.  I find it hard to believe they could pick up right where they left off as 20 somethings, 20+ years later.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

"make billions" hahahaha, what drugs is he on this time?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus should solo more and DJ should solo less...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well, this is probably nitpicking, but they don't exactly have 3 guitarists to fill the void left by Slash.  Steven mentioned Izzy, but forgot that OF the 3 guitarists they have, one (Richard) has to play the Izzy role.  I know Fortus does play some leads at times, but for the most part he's the rhythm guitarist, and DJ/Ron trade off on Slash's parts.

Also, I think he far overestimates how much the "gods want to hear" one song, one record, or one tour from the AFD era lineup.  A tour would be large, no doubt.  But I think an album would fall far below expectations.  I find it hard to believe they could pick up right where they left off as 20 somethings, 20+ years later.

I think everyone that loves hard rock, loved GN'R and came from that era would like to see at least one more album, if just closure for the legacy, for the wrongs of GN'R to be righted.

Even Axl.

But GN'R would have to hit every mark, to make it happen. Even if it's AFD II, which has the same type of songs and experience that hits social relevance, the world takes notice, Guns N' Roses are BACK, blah blah blah - they would still have to blessed by the 'rock gods' for them to get even close to something comparable to even the UYI days, let alone 1988-89 era.

Lady GaGa is the hottest thing around, and her success really is an anomale, and even she can't sell out every show in the U.S.

They would literally have to have a new album with another Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, PC, SCOM, Don't Cry, November Rain & YCBM all sitting on it, for today's generation, that would get kids to grandmothers to take notice.

It's not impossible, as i've heard and seen what Axl, Slash, Duff & Izzy have solo. Combined, I STILL think they'd be one of the best writing teams in rock today... but achieving that...

whew, it'd be a 2004 Red Sox come back from 3-0 in the ALCS type of situation.

In other words - a miracle.

kozygodd wrote:

"make billions" hahahaha, what drugs is he on this time?

Yeah, Popcorn has also kind of over-sold classic Guns on what they could cash in on in the present day. I don't doubt that worldwide achievement could mean over $100 million in profits for everyone involved (not solely the band), but 'billions'?

I'm not even sure Elvis & The Beatles pull in a number close to that each year.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just don't see how they could get back together and write kick ass tunes again 20 years later.  Axl works at his own pace as we all know.  And Slash works at a much different pace, not to mention the others.  It would be a disaster in the making (I think I've used that same phrase in the past couple of days to describe Chinese Democracy.  I see a trend here). 

A tour would do well.  An album, I don't see that going well.  Now if you could guarantee me that they'd all get along and be on their best behavior, then I might think differently.  But we all know that ain't happening.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think more mutual respect is involved today than it was in 1990-1995. In regards to recording practices.

I think if Axl would be willing to at least re-affirm to the guys that he's willing to actually work at it to achieve a release sooner than later, the other guys would be willing to accept Axl's moves and tweaking of their stuff.

I think Axl feels the pressure he feels today, because Izzy's not there. I think if he knew Izzy & Duff were handling other lyrics & melodies than just himself, he'd have more trust in the overall end product.

Now this is just me being a fan, but I don't see at all why they couldn't record an album.

I think alot of Axl's perfectionism had more to do with a lack of confidence that was lost, when he lost Izzy, Slash & Duff within a few years.

He suddenly was even MORE picky over it, because to this day he does not trust the writing crew he has AT ALL. Even Tommy.

1987-93 Guns gave Axl a HUGE comfort-zone that he took for granted at the time. I think he appreciates it more now and would be more flexible.

In my opinion. I'm sure TONS disagree with me on this.

Board footer