You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

jamester wrote:

COREY TAYLOR On Failed VELVET REVOLVER Singer Bid: 'I Guess It Just Wasn't Working For SLASH' - May 5, 2011

After months of speculation that STONE SOUR/SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor was going to become the new VELVET REVOLVER singer, followed by theories about why the band never eventually pulled the trigger, VELVET guitarist Slash admitted in a recent interview that he was the main holdout against Taylor getting the gig.

Slash confirmed to Vorterix.com that Taylor did work with the group, explaining, "All we were doing was just rehearsing with him and trying him out — auditioning him . . . he did come in and do all that. It just didn't seem to fit right to me. And he's great, and I love Corey, but it didn't seem like the answer to the VELVET REVOLVER problem."

Slash blamed social networks for spreading the rumor that Taylor was joining the group, saying, "As soon as that rumor (got around), next thing you know, everybody is saying Corey's the new singer. It's just an audition process; it's the way that we do it."

During a co-hosting gig on last night's (Wednesday, May 4) edition of the "Louder" radio show, which airs on the Live 105 station in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Taylor was asked to respond to Slash's comments. "We got together and we jammed some stuff and I guess it just wasn't working for him, which… He's Slash and he's entitled to have that, and I'm not gonna argue with him," Corey said. "But it was cool to just be able to get together and jam with those guys and I made some really cool friends. Me and Duff [McKagan, VELVET bassist] are really close. It's one more thing I can say I did."

Sadly for VELVET REVOLVER fans, Slash admitted that it doesn't look like a solution to the "problem" is happening any time soon. He said, "Next year I definitely will make another Slash record with Myles Kennedy and go on tour. So at least for the next couple of years, nothing is going to be happening with VELVET REVOLVER that I can see 'cause I'll be focused on this . . . I'm just not really concerning myself with it right now. We had all these different guys try out, all really good singers, but nobody has fit the thing, so, you know, I have to move on."

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

With both Corey Taylor and Sammy Hagar being named recently, I wonder what other big names VR has approached to audition for the gig...?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Slash and Axl both have problems finding the right fit for them. At this point, I'm amazed Guns recorded five albums together.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hear you but at the same time I'm amazed they didnt record more.

Myles is slash's 4th lead singer post Axl. And we all know GNR has been through some changes.

I love new guns, VR and all the side projects, so i'm happy...but I'm not sure they will ever quite repeat what they had.

Meanwhile...back at VR....at least now slash has got more blunt and just admitted he isn't into it. Doesn't look like they will ever find a solution -  it will probably be to reunite with scott once it becomes clear that a GNR reunion isn't happening wink

Obviously there's issues in VR or they'd just use myles imo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yeah i think that Slash wants Miles and Duff wants Taylor ... and I think that Matt and Dave just hope that they get somebody 16

anyway i'd have to side with Mr McKagan on this one sad but it appears that Slash has said "fuck you do it my way or just forget it"

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

can vr sustain interest through a minimum of 2 more years of not having a frontman and not being active?

Sky Dog wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Slash and Axl both have problems finding the right fit for them. At this point, I'm amazed Guns recorded five albums together.

They really only had 4 albums if you just look at original songs written...a covers album doesn't count in my book.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

anyway i'd have to side with Mr McKagan on this one sad but it appears that Slash has said "fuck you do it my way or just forget it"

history repeating itself..

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

history repeating itself..

Good point....

Lomax wrote:
madagas wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They really only had 4 albums if you just look at original songs written...a covers album doesn't count in my book.

Yes it does they were still together during recording of that album, which was the point of the post.

Board footer