You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Quantity (in any fashion) has nothing to do with quality.

Creed's Higher gets played at sporting events all the time still, this means it's a great song?

No offence Russ, but I hate it when people pull out that card in regards to GN'R.

GN'R are/were one of THE biggest selling, and most played band's in the world back in the day. I'm sure that the fact that CD songs aren't being blasted anywhere and everywhere might have something to do with how they hold up to the classics.

Which isn't to say it's bad music, it's just different to the old stuff, which sold great and still gets played.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sorry, but Guns N' Roses have never been an underground band. It was for like 2 years, but they all wanted to be stars, badly. 'Guns N' Roses' is a major brand. They are not sell-outs, they are not a fabricated label band, but a huge, huge band, one of the biggests ever. And with such a huge brand, success is the benchmark. If your new songs are not played in sport stadiums, if you can't sell out a place you used to, if radios don't play your songs, then yes, you failed. Time to move on and try something new.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

But they all wanted to be stars, badly.

Izzy didn't.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think you understand it. You have no proof except your taste that CD was a failure. A disappointment.

I listed the proofs.

Once you have sold-out stadiums, once you have your songs played the breaks of sporting events, once you sell zillions of albums, once you define your brand as the biggest on the world, then it is a failure and clearly shows the quality of your product if NONE of these happen with your new stuff.

Truth is the truth hurts.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think you understand it. You have no proof except your taste that CD was a failure. A disappointment.

I listed the proofs.

Once you have sold-out stadiums, once you have your songs played the breaks of sporting events, once you sell zillions of albums, once you define your brand as the biggest on the world, then it is a failure and clearly shows the quality of your product if NONE of these happen with your new stuff.

Truth is the truth hurts.

What NEW songs are played at sporting events these days.  I have season tickets to Patriot games they hardly ever play any current songs.  It does happen, but rarely.  They did play Ozzy's single "Scream" during games last season for example.  But that's about the only new song I can remember hearing off the top of my head

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sorry, but Guns N' Roses have never been an underground band. It was for like 2 years, but they all wanted to be stars, badly. 'Guns N' Roses' is a major brand. They are not sell-outs, they are not a fabricated label band, but a huge, huge band, one of the biggests ever. And with such a huge brand, success is the benchmark. If your new songs are not played in sport stadiums, if you can't sell out a place you used to, if radios don't play your songs, then yes, you failed. Time to move on and try something new.

^ That's kinda what I was getting at.

But I can see your point too Russ about not all good music being poplar, and crap music being popular too. But we're talking GN'R, who put out good music AND were popular because of it.

So why doesn't CD translate to being popular as well, seeing as it's good music too?

And this is coming from me, and I love CD as well. So go figure...?

Lomax wrote:

Isn't Liam Gallagher from British band Oasis free now?

His raw aggressive rock and roll attack with the guys in VR would be amazing

To be honest, I'd kill to hear Slash play Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Lomax wrote:

Much better fit in my opinion. Aggressive as Corey but with a rock n roll sentiment rather than a metal one.

Not only would he be a good replacement for Scott, he's a worthy replacement for Axl.... yup. I would go that far.

Board footer