You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

Not only would he be a good replacement for Scott, he's a worthy replacement for Axl.... yup. I would go that far.

Lomax wrote:

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

Not only would he be a good replacement for Scott, he's a worthy replacement for Axl.... yup. I would go that far.

Here we go "vocal range blah blah blah"...

What does vocal range matter.

He has the same level of expressive capability. He can bring a song to climax or deflate it just as well if not better than Axl.

Sure he's an ape, but he's a damn passionate and expressive ape.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

Here we go "vocal range blah blah blah"...

What does vocal range matter.

He has the same level of expressive capability. He can bring a song to climax or deflate it just as well if not better than Axl.

Sure he's an ape, but he's a damn passionate and expressive ape.

Vocal range isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Axl has an incredibly unique voice that is irreplaceable, just like Slash's soulful guitar tone is irreplaceable or Izzy's writing/Stones vibe is irreplaceable or Duff's writing/arrangements/punk vibe is irreplaceable. Bottom line is they need each other.

Lomax wrote:

Well yeah I agree there it shouldn't be guns n roses without all the parts.

However, It would be as good as an Axl + Vr set up  (with Kushner instead of Izzy)

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

Well yeah I agree there it shouldn't be guns n roses without all the parts.

However, It would be as good as an Axl + Vr set up  (with Kushner instead of Izzy)

Now that's where I'll simply say I prefer Axl's voice, so I doubt I would find it to be "just as good."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, we agree alot, but there are no Classic GNR moments on CD...  None, good songs? Yes, but Appetite, UYI, etc, those songs STILL get a ton of air play and none of those songs are on albums for sale for $1.99 at best buy.  Guns N Roses is the greatest American Hard Rock Band ever.  I understand the post 1991 argument, but that is like saying what did Jordan do with the Wizards... GMAFB.. hahahaha..  Let me know when songs of CD are played at arenas across the word on a daily basis.

When was Beggars & Hangers On, Ghost, Beautiful Dangerous, Back In Cali, played in arenas at ball games? I also don't recall any VR songs becoming football staples.

So once again, for those WHO ARE NOT READING MY POSTS, I'M GONNA SAY IT AGAIN - post-1991 vs. post-1991.

You Slashites are using GN'R catalog songs, against CD songs, then comparing it to Slash/Duff solo songs, and saying the rules don't apply to them because Axl has the GN'R name.

That's bullshit. We all know Guns N' Roses = Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff. In 1986, in 1991, in 1993, in 2001, in 2006, in 2011.

So it doesn't matter who has the name, because all of them apart aren't truely Guns N' Roses. Anything else is a "tribute" to the legacy. So they all, Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff all have to be treated as solo artists post-1991, and there output has to be equally weighed as such.

Axl's/CD's songs don't hold up to the GN'R catalog.... we'll neither does fuckin' Slash's or Duff's.

AtariLegend wrote:

Why not skip ahead and ask for Fred Durst?

Seriously the singer from Slipknot in the same league as Axl fuckin Rose?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dude corey taylor is fucking awesome! check out stone sour audio secrecy...good shit man 9

Board footer