You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

Isn't Liam Gallagher from British band Oasis free now?

His raw aggressive rock and roll attack with the guys in VR would be amazing

To be honest, I'd kill to hear Slash play Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Yeah, he'd be a great choice music wise, although they'd be in the lead singer disaster situation again. However I think Slash would need to accept that there is no quality frontman on Earth without insanity or primadonna hissy fits. You either deal with it or choose the peaceful Second Division.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, we agree alot, but there are no Classic GNR moments on CD...  None, good songs? Yes, but Appetite, UYI, etc, those songs STILL get a ton of air play and none of those songs are on albums for sale for $1.99 at best buy.  Guns N Roses is the greatest American Hard Rock Band ever.  I understand the post 1991 argument, but that is like saying what did Jordan do with the Wizards... GMAFB.. hahahaha..  Let me know when songs of CD are played at arenas across the word on a daily basis.

When was Beggars & Hangers On, Ghost, Beautiful Dangerous, Back In Cali, played in arenas at ball games? I also don't recall any VR songs becoming football staples.

So once again, for those WHO ARE NOT READING MY POSTS, I'M GONNA SAY IT AGAIN - post-1991 vs. post-1991.

You Slashites are using GN'R catalog songs, against CD songs, then comparing it to Slash/Duff solo songs, and saying the rules don't apply to them because Axl has the GN'R name.

That's bullshit. We all know Guns N' Roses = Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff. In 1986, in 1991, in 1993, in 2001, in 2006, in 2011.

So it doesn't matter who has the name, because all of them apart aren't truely Guns N' Roses. Anything else is a "tribute" to the legacy. So they all, Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff all have to be treated as solo artists post-1991, and there output has to be equally weighed as such.

Axl's/CD's songs don't hold up to the GN'R catalog.... we'll neither does fuckin' Slash's or Duff's.

Of course they don't. But if we're comparing them as solo acts, how about we compare their budgets? I would argue that Izzy pumped out a better album in 2010 with very little money and very little time compared to the 15 years and $15 million that Axl spent making that overproduced mess.

And drop the Slashite BS. I've called him a huge sellout for a long time, the most recent embarrassment being Fergie's SCOM debacle at the Super Bowl. She ruined the fucking song and Slash let her do it. Fuck him. 16 To make matters worse, he has gone around for years seeking sympathy from people for how difficult it was to deal with Axl, but the truth is they could have fired the bastard instead of signing their rights to the name over to him. It was a monumentally stupid decision on their part, so it's hard to feel too sorry for Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Could have fired him?  Now that makes the short list of funniest things I've read here.  Thank you for that.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Could have fired him?  Now that makes the short list of funniest things I've read here.  Thank you for that.

Yes, they could have fired his ass in 1989 or 1990 before they signed their rights over. Fuckin' idiots. 17

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yes, they could have fired his ass in 1989 or 1990 before they signed their rights over. Fuckin' idiots. 17

Then what do they have?  Nothing?  They have a band that nobody will accept as GnR AND they haven't made the huge money off of UYI and the tours.  Good idea there...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Then what do they have?  Nothing?  They have a band that nobody will accept as GnR AND they haven't made the huge money off of UYI and the tours.  Good idea there...

Apparently they didn't make very much on the Tour because of Axl's extravagant expenditures. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Riad wrote:

Here we go "vocal range blah blah blah"...

What does vocal range matter.

It matters to me because instrumentally the band is capiable of making more songs like this. What it needs is a vocalist that also can.

[youtube]tbnxj94oIC4&feature=related[/youtube]

Lomax wrote:

A singer with a lower range but subtlety of expression could give you much the same experience. More bewitching in fact as you wouldn't have anything as obvious as pitch change to relate to the emotional reaction inside yourself

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ It's a valid point, I respect your point of view.

For me personally it's a bit different...I felt that scott limited VR. His voice seemed less lexiable in texture than someone like Axl (who can scream but also can do warm heartfelt etc) and the limited range...well to me it's like only being able to paint with a certain amount of colors...the more octaves you have..the greater the choice of notes...the greater room for creativity and so on.

But I guess it's a personal prefrence, and it does have some drawbacks as you note. Just myself I've been really hoping that the next VR singer has a much more powerful range.

Board footer