You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sorry, but Guns N' Roses have never been an underground band. It was for like 2 years, but they all wanted to be stars, badly. 'Guns N' Roses' is a major brand. They are not sell-outs, they are not a fabricated label band, but a huge, huge band, one of the biggests ever. And with such a huge brand, success is the benchmark. If your new songs are not played in sport stadiums, if you can't sell out a place you used to, if radios don't play your songs, then yes, you failed. Time to move on and try something new.

Wow. I had no clue that the benchmark for whether or not music was good was if it could be played on the radio constantly or at sporting events.

Honest to God, I had no idea.

LOL 14

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ It's a valid point, I respect your point of view.

For me personally it's a bit different...I felt that scott limited VR. His voice seemed less lexiable in texture than someone like Axl (who can scream but also can do warm heartfelt etc) and the limited range...well to me it's like only being able to paint with a certain amount of colors...the more octaves you have..the greater the choice of notes...the greater room for creativity and so on.

But I guess it's a personal prefrence, and it does have some drawbacks as you note. Just myself I've been really hoping that the next VR singer has a much more powerful range.

If Scott would have written some kick ass lyrics, it would have been a different ballgame. But he didn't/couldn't. Whatever the reason was.

And I don't think Slash needs another Axl in VR or his solo work, or someone like Axl. The most interesting song on his solo album was with Rocco. That was cool. I'd love to see what he could do with Royston Langdon... Especially seeing how much people hate him 16

VR would have been much more 70's, Bowie-glam. I'd like to see what that would be like.

My big pipe dream: Robert Plant fronting VR. That. Would. Be. Awesome. He's always getting bands to back him on his albums, and I remember Plant saying, or maybe it was Slash, that he'd like to make a blues album with VR... Could you imagine Plant on By The Sword... Holy shit.

And if you haven't heard much of Plant's solo work I HIGHLY recommend it. Especially his most recent stuff.

My #1 singer to front VR is still Shirley Manson.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

My big pipe dream: Robert Plant fronting VR. That. Would. Be. Awesome. He's always getting bands to back him on his albums, and I remember Plant saying, or maybe it was Slash, that he'd like to make a blues album with VR... Could you imagine Plant on By The Sword... Holy shit.

Zeppelin is my favorite band ever and Plant is awesome, but his voice just isn't what it used to be. I'd rather hear Axl on By The Sword.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dude corey taylor is fucking awesome! check out stone sour audio secrecy...good shit man 9

I always hear people say this. I guess I gotta check into this dude. I couldn't tell you the first thing about Slipknot or any of his material to be honest.

I will set you up with a select track list... if you're not into slipknot already, some of his shit may turn you off...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

funny you saw that tylerdurden .... i never really got into slipknot but i am loving stone sour....been thinking of checking out slipknot but have no idea where to start ... if you could put together a slipknot track list that would be cool...or even give me an ide on what album to check oiut first that would be cool smile

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Zeppelin is my favorite band ever and Plant is awesome, but his voice just isn't what it used to be. I'd rather hear Axl on By The Sword.

Holy cow, totally disagree here. His voice isn't like it was in his LZ days, but I love how it's aged. Especially his last album.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Holy cow, totally disagree here. His voice isn't like it was in his LZ days, but I love how it's aged. Especially his last album.

It's fine and all, but wouldn't blow anyone away on a track like By The Sword.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'd rather hear Axl on By The Sword.

That's a good example of why he needs singers with range to me. No way scott could have pulled off the high bits in the middle.

Stockdale has a voice thats cool for a few tracks but annoying for a whole album....so I liked him as a cameo type singer for slash.

But yeah axl on that kind of track would be amazing.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure they asked Chester and he turned them down.

They should fucking chloroform him and lock him in the studio until he agrees to sing for them. I mean, imagine if they took this band on the road:

Chester, Slash, Navarro, Duff and Adler.

<weeps for what might have been>

Board footer