You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

Axlin16 wrote:

Corey is bland and repetitive, but Myles isn't.

Myles SUCCKKKKKSSS compared to Corey.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

For the love of God, just get Chester Bennington to do it. He's a classic rock singer waiting for a rock band to come along.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure they asked Chester and he turned them down.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Again, Duff should start a band with Corey and the other VR guys. Get John 5 or Joe Satriani and belt out some kick ass tunes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Corey is bland and repetitive, but Myles isn't.

Myles SUCCKKKKKSSS compared to Corey.

Corey writes good hooks, but he is too predictable... He has a nice singing voice, but not a lot of texture or soul in his voice...  I like him, and I like stone sour, but I don't know how his style would jive with Slash's...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Corey has the balls that Myles lacks. Corey lacks that rock and roll soul that Myles has. Least that is the way I see.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not a Myles lover, but I don't think Corey's voice would be good for "THIS" kind of music...   Other than that, Slash just fucking owns on this video, fuck!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I'm surprised they turned down corey....if anything just for the economics of it. He's def a "known guy" and would attract a lot of media attention, a younger generation, and of course a % of slipknott/stone sour fans who were open to lighter music. Business wise it makes a lot of sense - they'd have 1000 times more industry credibility than they would going with an unknown - no matter how amazing the guy they find is.

However, i must say artisticly I prefer Myles to Corey a lot. I'll grant corey has the balls as BLS was saying - but to me he's kinda a one trick pony - he's got a radio rock tolelrable clean voice (but without a lot of character IMO) and then he's got that dirty growl thing he excells at. But that's only sort of two dynamics to add to music....and I can't see how he'd ever be able to music along the lines of nighttrain or paradice city - not that those are VR songs...but I think that's what many of us want from VR wink

I'm not hating on corey - he's a strong front man - and I really dig some stone sour tracks - but I do lean a little towards while slash might say he isn't the solution to the particular VR problem  - as his strength doesn't lie in either his ability to replicate sounds akin to the VR back cataloge or the GNR style of music...so while it might be a cool band...it would be like starting over and not simply adjusting and improving on what they've achieved as VR already. And a risk like that doesnt make sense if you're slash and you've already just started over with a sucessful solo album.

Still don't understand the problem with myles though. He's creative enough that he's trusted to do solo2 with slash. He's very good sounding on the VR tracks - meaning ability to do the entire VR back catalogue with ease - and as showing with slash solo shows - he's tollerable and got range on GNR tracks - which while he's no axl - would allow the band to occasionally bust out a GNR favourite or too as they did with scot - but with potential for much more of the crowd favourite tracks.

I know in theory it's because they don't want to break up alterbridge. But if myles can juggle alterbridge with recording 2 albums with slash and touring the world multiple times over - then I don't see why he couldn't have done the exact same thing as VR. Bottom line I think is that someone else in VR doesn't like myles..or slash is just so over the creative differences that he decided to do his own VR project without VR wink Notice how ghost was once a VR audition track....I sort of think maybe slash has packed up his riffs and gone home....he'll come back if he fails or if they find a godlike replacment maybe - but at the moment seems it's all just too hard.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If they find a godlike replacement...

There's only one of those for these guys. And it'll never happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, honestly when you think about it - Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin were truely the irreplacable members of GN'R. They were so unique, and so powerful in what they brought, that you just can't find guys like that. Slash can be replaced (Bucket & DJ both were/are capable), Duff was replaced (Tommy is the most 'old' new Guns guy from that entire era), and Steven & Matt were easily replaced, as the drummers never really were writers.

Izzy brings a feel, and a old school musicianship to the instrumentals, and Axl brings a unique, rock God voice that CANNOT be duplicated...

Izzy truely was the Guns, and Axl truely was the Rose, that made up Guns N' Roses.

Board footer