You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not a bad fuckin' moment anywhere in there.

And not a single classic moment in there either, other than maybe TWAT. That's still only one though. Where's the rest of it?

I mean COME ON dude. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Look it... I put up. Where's your classic Slash & Duff moments, POST-1991?

Yeah, thought so. There's not a classic moment there.

And btw dude, if nothing in that previous post does anything for you... your deaf AND biased. Padmafuckinsana... are you kidding? Tommy covering Sonic Reducer & Johnny Thunders, AND One Man Mutiny?

Classicness everywhere... but apparently like with the Stones, every album has to be Sticky Fingers. Whatev

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It depends on what your definition of Classic is. Robin's solo on TWAT and Better are CLASSIC, some of the best guitar work in GN'R, imo. Bucket has an awesome solo in IRS, ITW and Sorry. Tommy's bass work on the entire album is fantastic.

They weren't there to duplicate anyone or any sound. Prostitute doesn't even have a real guitar solo on it outside some fragmented shredding. An entirely different approach to the music, which I really respect.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That ISE video is awesome, though. Erin was hotttt.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just think that sometimes Slash & Duff are held to a "they rule by default, so prove me wrong". But Axl has to prove everyone right, because he's got the name... umm, no.

It's like me saying the moon landing was fake, and then telling everyone to prove me wrong. The burden of proof ain't on me.

CD went Gold, somebody liked the mother fuckin' cunt of a record.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Look it... I put up. Where's your classic Slash & Duff moments, POST-1991?

Yeah, thought so. There's not a classic moment there.

And btw dude, if nothing in that previous post does anything for you... your deaf AND biased. Padmafuckinsana... are you kidding? Tommy covering Sonic Reducer & Johnny Thunders, AND One Man Mutiny?

Classicness everywhere... but apparently like with the Stones, every album has to be Sticky Fingers. Whatev

You argued that they were worthy replacements. I simply don't think that's the case. I have said plenty of times that Bucket's TWAT solo is amazing. But that's the only one on CD that is even close to matching the GN'R legacy. Slash had dozens of them with that level of quality. The fact that Slash hasn't managed any since that time is just testament to the fact that he needs Axl and Izzy. TWAT is Axl's song first and foremost. He pushed and inspired Bucket by writing the song in the first place, just like he pushed and inspired Slash by writing November Rain and Estranged in the first place.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Bucket didn't write TWAT, he just added guitar work and the solo at the end. That was Robin, Paul and Dizzy. The original version Bucket isn't even on the song, same as IRS.

I think Axlin did a good job of showing his point. Again, it's coming down to taste. And your basing your judgement on Slash's GN'R albums against Bucket on CD. There are some amazing moments on CD from Bucket and Robin and Tommy. Tommy's bass on TWAT is killer, too.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bucket didn't write TWAT, he just added guitar work and the solo. That was Robin, Paul and Dizzy. The original version Bucket isn't even on the song, same as IRS.

I think Axlin did a good job of showing his point. Again, it's coming down to taste. And your basing your judgement on Slash's GN'R albums against Bucket on CD. There are some amazing moments on CD from Bucket and Robin and Tommy.

Why wouldn't I base it on Slash's work in GN'R? FFS, you're talking about someone replacing the guy IN GN'R. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys know how I feel about Robin Finck... but he fuckin' owns it on Better & Street of Dreams.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You guys know how I feel about Robin Finck... but he fuckin' owns it on Better & Street of Dreams.

Street of Dreams was much better as a 2002 live track than what it ended up being in the studio. Better is damn good, although I wish they hadn't loaded it with so much extra synth crap. 16

Board footer