You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Tommy Stinson Thread

misterID wrote:

I think DJ and Ron both have brought some real positive mojo to the band. But I have noticed it more since DJ joined.

I was like Mad, and didn't think Tommy was going to like DJ, but they seem to really get along. All around.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

http://t.co/eKzJXcdn

It seems some kind of announcement is soon to be heard (within 2 weeks tops).

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … stpopular4

Paul and Tommy working together some.......

Does this one-day reunion augur a new tour or album from the Replacements, one of the best American bands of the Eighties? "It's possible," Westerberg says. "After playing with Tommy last week, I was thinking, 'All right, let's crank it up and knock out a record like this.' I'm closer to it now than I was two years ago, let's say that."

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … stpopular4

Paul and Tommy working together some.......

Does this one-day reunion augur a new tour or album from the Replacements, one of the best American bands of the Eighties? "It's possible," Westerberg says. "After playing with Tommy last week, I was thinking, 'All right, let's crank it up and knock out a record like this.' I'm closer to it now than I was two years ago, let's say that."

It will be funny, if Paul and Tommy releases a new album before Axl manages to make the next GN'R record. And not only funny, but possible.

otto

otto wrote:

That would certainly lead him out of GN'R. Paul has a bigger ego than Axl and wouldn't want to "share" his buddy.

Perhaps that's the opening sequence of Duff rejoining.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That would certainly lead him out of GN'R. Paul has a bigger ego than Axl and wouldn't want to "share" his buddy.

If Tommy has contractual obligation to GN'R, it really doesn't matter what Paul wants.  It's not like Paul has the power to void Tommy's obligations to GN'R.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

He could EASILY do both....

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

He could EASILY do both....

I think that's far more likely given he's already juggled his solo work with GN'R.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

If Tommy has contractual obligation to GN'R, it really doesn't matter what Paul wants.  It's not like Paul has the power to void Tommy's obligations to GN'R.

Ali

What a band!  Only a top notch outfit would hold people to contractual obligations. 

You act as though nobody ever quit before...there's a pretty long list that has.

otto

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Ali

What a band!  Only a top notch outfit would hold people to contractual obligations. 

You act as though nobody ever quit before...there's a pretty long list that has.

This.

And the same has been said about Robin, prior and shortly after the album release.

Board footer