You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Tommy Stinson Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy isn't going anywhere. He likes to tour, he likes to get paid(Westerberg made all of the Replacements money), and he likes to party. Pretty simple stuff.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That would certainly lead him out of GN'R. Paul has a bigger ego than Axl and wouldn't want to "share" his buddy.

Perhaps that's the opening sequence of Duff rejoining.

If Tommy has contractual obligation to GN'R, it really doesn't matter what Paul wants.  It's not like Paul has the power to void Tommy's obligations to GN'R.

Ali

What a band!  Only a top notch outfit would hold people to contractual obligations. 

You act as though nobody ever quit before...there's a pretty long list that has.

business is contractual obligations....as I know you are fully aware....just sayin'. Gnr is a business that does pretty well. Tommy is a loyal employee. Again, it is what it is.:peace:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tommy did the Soul Asylum thing at the same time as GN'R. Paul has his solo stuff. They'd have to work around each other's schedules.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Duff fill in for Tommy, if needed. Mother Goose can also play bass.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

Tommy did the Soul Asylum thing at the same time as GN'R. Paul has his solo stuff. They'd have to work around each other's schedules.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Duff fill in for Tommy, if needed. Mother Goose can also play bass.

True! He's filled in for Tommy a couple of times on tour and plays bass on a bunch of tracks on CD.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

5 Here's to Slim.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

If Tommy has contractual obligation to GN'R, it really doesn't matter what Paul wants.  It's not like Paul has the power to void Tommy's obligations to GN'R.

Ali

What a band!  Only a top notch outfit would hold people to contractual obligations. 

You act as though nobody ever quit before...there's a pretty long list that has.

This.

And the same has been said about Robin, prior and shortly after the album release.

Robin was not under contract when he left to join NIN's The Fragile tour.  Was he under contract when he left the 2nd time?  Unknown for sure, but unlikely.

You'll note that I said "If Tommy has a contractual obligation to GN'R".  If he doesn't, of course, all bets are off.

Ali

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

True that. Let's see whay happens. Tommy is one of the "validation" points Axl has with me. Hope he doesn't hop off.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

bucket

For a good while, the management kept saying "he's on contract".

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy has been in the band for 14 years. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'm with you on that.

Just funny how quick people turn speculation into a reality hitting their way in the near future 16

Board footer