You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Tommy Stinson Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

Mats reunion...watch Josh Freese on drums...kick ass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5fueosDo68

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Great stuff, saw some of it earlier. It would have been great if they'd grabbed 4tus for the other guitar slot.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Man this gig was good.

I saw Tommy watching Iggy & The Stooges.

The VIP section wasn't that great, toilet line was ok. But the whole area was further back than the General Admission.

Mr. Stinson really seemed to be enjoying himself.

The highlight had to be Josh Freese's drumming. That dude hands down is one of the greatest drummers around today.

I saw him first with Weezer, then Devo and now the Replacements. Easily one of the highlghts for me.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If Tommy decides to bail and pursue a Replacements reunion full-time, Axl's all kinds of fucked. Tommy's the musical director of GN'R, and the guy who buys him some credibility with critics and rock fans.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

duff >> izzy >>>>>>>>> 21 = 9 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

If Tommy decides to bail and pursue a Replacements reunion full-time, Axl's all kinds of fucked. Tommy's the musical director of GN'R, and the guy who buys him some credibility with critics and rock fans.

I'd say Tommy, out of everyone else, is the most comfortable, or reserved to it. He doesn't give a shit about the business. He makes his solo albums, tours, makes a living, seems pretty loyal to Axl. I think he would have to be asked to leave to actually leave.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, Tommy won't leave. A reunion might be nice, but GN'R is the long term. Don't see the Replacements being able to match his pay either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even if Tommy left, Duff would just be plugged in. I don't think Duff is that opposed to going on a full tour, I don't think he gives a shit about the reunion no different than Axl, if anything Duff seems like he'd enjoy taking money out of people's hands with it, plus most of them are Duff's fucking songs anyways.

I love Tommy, but big damn deal. So Attitude gets played instead of Motivation, and Going Down gets dropped off the next "imaginary" album.

And the sun rises tomorrow. I think most fans would geek out at a full Duff return anyways, and even Tommy knows that.

Sky Dog wrote:
smoke wrote:

Great stuff, saw some of it earlier. It would have been great if they'd grabbed 4tus for the other guitar slot.

you know, I thought about that. But, I am gonna go out on a limb and say that would be the straw that broke Westerberg's back! 3 people associated with "Guns N' Roses" posing as The Replacements? Too funny if you know the history of the bands from the late 80's and early 90's. 16

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
smoke wrote:

you know, I thought about that. But, I am gonna go out on a limb and say that would be the straw that broke Westerberg's back! 3 people associated with "Guns N' Roses" posing as The Replacements? Too funny if you know the history of the bands from the late 80's and early 90's. 16

Yeah, I was "there", so the amusement of it isn't lost on me. smile Though now that you put it that way, I can't think of a better song for Paul to write than about being in a band with Guns N Roses at this point in his life. That song would probably be pretty fucking hilarious all on its own!

Board footer