You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Broken Glass & Cigarettes

Von wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I would've thought it would've been "Broken Glass N' Cigarettes", j/k.

Helluva sales pitch.

smoke

smoke wrote:

Good stuff, Von. I've listened through a couple times so far. Really digging Electric Cigarette.

Von

Von wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Nice work von...love the band name wink

What part do you perform?

Very different style to what I normally listen to, but I'm digging it all the same, that electric cigerarette track sort of reminds me of David Bowie meets marlyn manson...but that might be a silly comparision!

Von

Von wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Broken Glass & Cigarettes - "The Moondust" EP

1. Two Fifty-Seven (Prologue)
--- Really like the intro, moody ambience. Dig it.

2. Romancing The Stone
--- Catchy, love the instrumentation. Definitely some Marilyn-isms.

3. Moondust In The Court of the Disco King
--- TONS of Mike Patton in this one. Very Faith No More circa-King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime.

4. Electric Cigarette
--- Reminds me of Public Image Ltd. with Iggy Pop-styled vocals.

5. Dance With Domino ['Moondust...' Demo]
--- This one reminds me of Depeche Mode. Very catchy. I hear some Bowie in there also.

4/5 - Very Good. You know I listened to this to kind of do the friendly thing and didn't expect much, and I was really suprised at how good this is. Like with some of the 80's alternative artists the song structure opts for experimental vocals, but catchy synth, beats, hooks and rhythm that REALLY stick in your head. The instrumentation is flat out solid on this. You can't ask for more. Has a very dark ambient sound, which i've always been a big fan of. The songs then do their own thing, but yet have homages almost unintentionally that reminds you of some of your favorite things from more eccentric acts of the past from the vocals. Vocally, you hear it all this, punk, nu metal, art rock, alternative, etc. Not bad for a 5-track + bonus, EP. My favorite tracks were the intro and the Moonlight In The Court of the Disco King track. But all were very good, very catchy actually.

Check this one out folks. With some slight refinements, a bit slicking, and the money backers to make it happen, these guys could be something special.

Von

Von wrote:

Board footer