You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: Ron Thal Survives Potentially Fatal Car Crash

axlgod wrote:

just checkin' out nme & came across this article.

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/57045

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Some crazy fucking comments under there...and people actually post with their real names these days

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Some crazy fucking comments under there...and people actually post with their real names these days

For some reason I can't see them. What were they saying?

I tweeted something back like I was glad he was okay. *this is about a week old folks, just fyi*

johndivney wrote:

"Oh, please – I'm in Guns n'fucking Roses. This is all like a walk in the park!"

brilliant
dealt with the humour we've become accustomed to from ron

i wrote-off my car to IRS one night
it was a hell of a drive til that one corner.. then it was a hell of a ride as i flipped n rolled. it was perfectly timed with that big axl scream. then big thuds (either from the roll or when i bounced off a hedge) knocked the stereo off until i landed, a few seconds later the radio kicks in again & i'm upside down n my car & the song starts blasting out in the pitch black night.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i was going to start a thread on this.

Thank God Ron and his family are ok and let's hope no perminant problems.

Shows you how quickly life can fuck over any one of us.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

For some reason I can't see them. What were they saying?

Real fuckhead remarks...it's one thing for people to have personal views about GNR and the line ups and whatever...but considering Ron was nearly killed many of the comments are just disrespectful and insensitive to a stupid degree.

Here's a sample:

"Bill Pollard · what's more impressive than hearing of his survival, is being able to work out who's actually currently walking through the revolving door that is guns n' roses"

"Michael Carter · it's stunning anyone even cares."

"Jimmy Fennessy · Let me preface this by saying that I do not wish harm to befall any human being, but a near-fatal accident that would end the 'career' of one-time rocker Axl Rose would make even me believe that a god existed."

when someone called him an asshole for saying that he went further:

"Jimmy Fennessy · Nice. You will notice that the comment has nothing to do with Ron Thal and his accident. Oh, and the preface to that comment was sarcastic. Obviously I do wish harm on Mr. Rose. He has hurt millions with his refusal to make decent music after Appetite for Destruction. Ignorant indeed."

So i guess some of them are trying to be funny. But I mean Ron is a great guy and a talented musician and was nearly killed here, it's not really funny, and it's down right insane to wish Axl harm - even as a joke - because he "hurt" people by not making AFD2 - what the fuck.

Like I say, I get not everyone likes the new line up - but is it really necessary to piss all over the good news story that Ron isn't dead?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

People are fucking assholes.  Plain and simple.  And in this day and age, they're going to let their voices be heard.  Even if you're not a fan of the newest lineup, or Ron himself, those comments are completely uncalled for. 

The guy was in a serious accident, and anyone who's had to deal with anything along those lines, knows it isn't pleasant.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that's pretty rough. I bag on Axl and the state of GN'R, and I can be rough, but it's simply from a critic point of view.

But I love them all, and wish them and their families nothing but the best and the upmost safety in their lives.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

He's clearly not 100% either:

he just put this on Facebook:

"Scheduled to present an award at the Hoboken Film Festival tomorrow, not able to do it. sad Brain & neck MRIs booked for next Tuesday..."

Best wishes to Ron for a full and fast recovery.

Board footer