You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Rumored South American dates around RIR

BLS-Pride wrote:

Is Fortus' amp even plugged in on stage?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slashba, haha.

Agree with Russ, really dumb thing to say, but it could've been exaggerated by the interviewer.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slashba, haha.

Agree with Russ, really dumb thing to say, but it could've been exaggerated by the interviewer.

Yeah, I would venture a guess that his comments were taken out of context, at least I hope so.  Aren't they always?

I mean it'd be one thing to say, IF GNR isn't doing any shows in January I'd love to re-join Thin Lizzy.  But to say, HOPEFULLY GNR won't be doing anything in January.  That's just not right.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

“I certainly hope so,” said Fortus. “We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I’ll be free and clear by January.”

It's time for this guy to get his walking papers.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

yep,....no way retread Thin Lizzy garners more pay than a retread Gnr...not even close. Is Thin Lizzy headlining Rock in Rio? Come on....not even in the same ballpark.

However, we don't know how much the individual pay is. Ax may be cutting costs and will take his chances....easy to find someone else. The hired Guns go where the money is...for good and bad. 

In the end, lately, I am heading South...back to old school Gnr....just played out on this bullshit. Meh.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With all the guys who've been shown the door in GN'R, i've been flat out stunned the guy has lasted a decade in the band.

madagas wrote:

In the end, lately, I am heading South...back to old school Gnr

I would SO give you a karma for this statement.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its a reputable source, and Tom Russell doesnt bullshit, he's too old and long in the beard for such nonsense.
My take on it is, Richard was talking to a proud Scotsman about the possibility of playing in one of Scotlands legendary rock venues in January, and he was just going along with the enthusiasm saying "yeah man I hope so."

My point for posting it was it dont look much like there is any other touring plans apart from these South American shows.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's not hard to believe at all. Plus after a decade, even Fortus has got to be a bit sick of "we tour the hits, then we're off for three years, then we tour again, then we're off for three years, then we tour again", and so on.

It's friggin' boring at this point.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

“I certainly hope so,” said Fortus. “We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I’ll be free and clear by January.”

It's time for this guy to get his walking papers.

Ding ding ding.

Give that man a prize.

I think you guys are overreacting.  No offense and all, but I don't see what's wrong with him saying that he would like to be able to make the Lizzy shows in January.

Ali

Board footer