You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guitarist DJ ASHBA: I Have No Reason To Kiss Axl Rose's Ass

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This whole thing was already posted in the DJ thread a few threads below this one.

And umm, the most significant thing to come from it is that DJ admits that he just sends Axl songs. He hasn't even been in the same room with him and recorded, and certaintly none of the rest of the band.

In other words, he admits NOTHING is happening and NOTHING is moving forward, despite saying to the contrary for the last couple of months that THEY were working on the new record which was TOTAL BULLSHIT.

I'm not shocked, but I think it lends even more credit in that he was exaggerating the truth (I call it lying) in order to "sell more swag".

You, and others, keep bringing up previous DJ interviews and twist his words so it sounds like he's lying.  It's all how you look at it I guess.  If you take his words at face value and form the opinion that he meant that the whole band was working together on the next album, then yes, he lied.

BUT, he never said that.  You're just jumping to that conclusion.  I know we keep having this same argument, but you keep bringing it up.  DJ NEVER said what you seem to think he said.  I thought THIS interview he actually was more descript in what he meant by working on songs everyday.  He, himself works on songs, sends them to Axl.  Ron could be doing the same thing, Chris, Dizzy, etc.  We don't really know, because they're not as forthright with information.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

All the politics aside...all the business stuff aside...on a musical level this sort of interview makes me pray one day Axl shares more music with the world. He's so talented...sort of sad to think that if he never records other songs in his head they'd eventually die with him one day...I'd love this stuff to be recorded for future generations and for the sake of the art even...let alone the rest.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Agree there is no doubt a tonne of this guys life sitting in his vault and head, so it would a great shame if the majority of it went to waste and never saw the light of day.

That said if Axl died tomorrow I'm sure the Lebeis's et al wouldn't even wait for his corpse to become cold before there was some type of release of what he had been sitting on and hatching for years.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
DJ Ashba wrote:

I Have No Reason To Kiss Axl Rose's Ass

...It's just second nature.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Gong wrote:

He is 1000% times more pathetic that robin finck

Not a chance. At least DJ can actually play a guitar.

faldor wrote:

You, and others, keep bringing up previous DJ interviews and twist his words so it sounds like he's lying.

That is absolute bullshit dude.

Why does it benefit me to twist DJ's words?

I'm one of the few cats running around here trying to put the guy over, and playing up his work in Sixx:AM, and talking about how much his GUITAR playing and WRITING would be and WILL BE a saving grace for GN'R.

"That dog don't hunt" - Sam Elliot & James Lofton

faldor wrote:

It's all how you look at it I guess.

Now you're right on that.

faldor wrote:

If you take his words at face value and form the opinion that he meant that the whole band was working together on the next album, then yes, he lied.

So what does WE'RE mean to you? That word? DJ and the eight voices in his head?

faldor wrote:

BUT, he never said that.  You're just jumping to that conclusion.  I know we keep having this same argument, but you keep bringing it up.  DJ NEVER said what you seem to think he said.  I thought THIS interview he actually was more descript in what he meant by working on songs everyday.  He, himself works on songs, sends them to Axl.  Ron could be doing the same thing, Chris, Dizzy, etc.  We don't really know, because they're not as forthright with information.

He did say it dude. He did. And he said it multiple times, and he KNEW what he was doing. This is not like Duff "thinking out loud" and talking an Izzy/Duff tour, then recanting.

DJ knew he was misleading. WE'RE writing songs. Things are happening. If things are happening under those circumstances, then Amy Winehouse is about to embark on a two-year world tour and drop a double album comeback in September.

You guys know i'm not a mark for Slash. Not a mark for Bucket. Not a mark for DJ. If anything i'm a mark for Izzy. I don't hate any of these guys, nor the other ones not mentioned. I enjoy the MOST talented guys in GN'R, and the MOST talented guitarists, and in my eyes those guys are Slash, Izzy, Bucket and yes - DJ. I love the guy as an artist. I just think the guy is full of crap. He's like Gilby Clarke's personality with Slash's ability. It's fucking surreal listening to him talk.

As for that very last part you said in that quote - you're right. Maybe this has been happening for a long time. I would certaintly expect it with Dizzy & Chris, and their heavy role in sculpting CD, and how of all the new band guys they've been around the longest. So you're right, maybe it goes on more than we think, and DJ is just a new addition to it, then Axl pieces it all together.

Because ultimately, and that's what it boils down to - Axl has final say so. And until Axl says it's happening... it's just not happening. We've seen SO MANY of these guys wanting to record together. DJ & Ron have been wanting to go for awhile... you've got Tommy, Richard & Dizzy cutting "One Man Mutiny" (which I still consider a 2010 Guns song, with one member w/ 20+ yrs, the other 13, the other 10)... I know they want to do this, if just for extra whiskey money for T Eugene.

But without Axl, what the hell is DJ talking about is my only question...

Aussie wrote:

^ Agree there is no doubt a tonne of this guys life sitting in his vault and head, so it would a great shame if the majority of it went to waste and never saw the light of day.

That said if Axl died tomorrow I'm sure the Lebeis's et al wouldn't even wait for his corpse to become cold before there was some type of release of what he had been sitting on and hatching for years.

I'm out my door, naked, the following morning if the Lebeis family keeps that stuff locked in a vault.

And even if they do, UMG would have their entire family killed... they'd have Terminators sent back in time to prevent their family from even beginning... in order to get their hands on Axl Rose's vault. If just to pimp out that legacy of Axl.

I mean, think about it. Do you really think if Axl dies, news agencies are gonna be putting microphones in front of Del or Beta or Fernando? Not a chance. They'll walk right past the new band to. Despite the bad blood, you'd have Slash, Duff, Gilby, Steven & Matt AT LEAST out there doing Queen-like tribute shows to Axl's memory.

Nobody would stop them, nor UMG to milking that bad boy for all it's worth. Sorry to be so blunt & bleak, but I think that's exactly how it would play out.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
DJ Ashba wrote:

I have no reason to kiss Axl Rose's ass

Here is a really obvious reason: the easiest paycheck of your life. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He was trying to say, "I have Nikki Sixx & Sixx:AM, I don't need Axl or GN'R"

Except he missed the part that having GN'R and joining the Axl Rose 'Kiss My Ass' Club just gives him more money in the bank.

You've gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool a Tejas...

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

he writes songs and sends them to Axl.
Axl has three albums worth of amazing material.
What exactly is different here from what Dizzy used to say about 10 years ago when asked about the staus of the band?

DJ is just another small time musician sniffing out a big check. He knows he has his work cut out for himself with Axl. All of these interviews seem to be some kind of verbal campaign by DJ to try to get the DJ/Axl writing partnership formally underway so he can see some big publishing check..

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's amazing how fans should be happy with whatever material Axl has in his vault, finished or unfinished, as long as we don't hear it. 'It didn't take him 15 years to write only one album' - probably, but in the last 20 years he released only one album and as it seems he's not willing to flood the world with music in the forthcoming years. Maybe he has other 3 albums of material - but if it takes 50 years for him to release it, then it's just 3 albums in 50 years. This Guns N' Roses Fantasy Music Game (with the best songs still remaining unreleased, now and forever, of  course!) is booooring.

I'm shocked how much influence Axl can have on his people - Baz, DJ, Tommy 2002-2004, Richard 2002-2006, Dizzy - 2006 all sound the same brainwashed believer in a sect. Same bullshit praise, different year. Axl Rose is like an artistic God who doesn't need to prove the existing of his art, and nobody can force him to do anything, but he is the reason, the beginning and end. Pathetic.

(And since I'm not a fan of CD I just don't see the huge potential for the next album of unreleased songs, but that's just me.)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I understand what you're saying Mikkamakka...but I think maybe the way people become "brainwashed" might be because on a real life level it is kinda impressive.

If you put yourself in the shoes of the people doing the talking, imagine if November Rain or Breakdown wasn't released, then you're hanging out one night with Axl after a show and he swings over to the paino and he starts playing one of them...you'd talk about what great unrecorded songs he has in his head too. I mean we became fans of GNR after seeing them live or listening to a recording, imagine that in your face in a small room...it must be sort of impressive.

And a lot of these people that's basicly what they say - Baz was hanging with Axl and Axl played him some recorded music, while DJ talks about Axl playing in a hotel room on a paino...

I don't see Axl as a God...but I do think he has an artistic ability well above the normal level - as does Slash and various other famous musicians. It's why they are famous when it gets down to it.

I think the guy has a truck load of raw talent, and people who are exposed to it in an intimate setting get excited about songs he writes. I just hope that the politics, the business, or personalities or whatever it is that delays things gets resolved...as to be honest I read these articles and I think about the great stuff that could come in the future. I'm not playing a fantasy game saying his best stuff is unreleased...but to me his writing track record shows that whatever is unreleased will be of quality...to me GNR doesn't have a lot of bad songs if any! By that's my taste.

Board footer