You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash talks new book, Velvet Revolver plans

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

pretty decent interview, and looks like VR is still kicking 21

again was pretty nice to axl and apparent Axl has read slash book and hasnt contacted his lawyers 16

Lol, Slash is a liar or delusional 16 Anyone who reads the unofficial official forum knows what Axl thinks about Slash's book and what he thinks we should think about it.

On the other hand I don't see that VR's a functioning band, unless he means they're actually touring and releasing albums.

Did I miss something? Is there info floating around saying Axl's made statements about Slash's book?

Not trying to be a smartass, I just honestly missed it if that's the case.

Nonetheless, this whole situation (Scotts arrest, Slash's book, the bands questionable future) has at least got me interested in maybe going to their show at the Fillmore in a couple weeks.

Axl and his people control HTGTH. So if a strong anti-Slash campaign happens there, led by the admin and some mods, I tend to think it's not against Axl's wishes.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah...sometimes I wonder if that's the case too. Although timetimes I think its a misguided attempt to suck up to Axl. Like they got some contact with Axl for being positive about the line up originally, so  now do this because they THINK its what he'd want or impress him, but i'd be surprised if he really cared for it, but I could be wrong.

I've noticed tho with Slash and Duff in interviews and stuff, appart from the occasional good-natured joke, they don't tend to react well if people hang too much shit on axl. Like not if its actually nasty shit. I think slash says in his book its ok if he wants to say somehting about Axl cos like he lived through the drama of being in the band with him, but that people who don't know axl or wern't there should shut up.

Mind you...maybe it doesn't go both ways.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Did I miss something? Is there info floating around saying Axl's made statements about Slash's book?

Not trying to be a smartass, I just honestly missed it if that's the case.

Nonetheless, this whole situation (Scotts arrest, Slash's book, the bands questionable future) has at least got me interested in maybe going to their show at the Fillmore in a couple weeks.

Axl and his people control HTGTH. So if a strong anti-Slash campaign happens there, led by the admin and some mods, I tend to think it's not against Axl's wishes.

That could be true. I wonder why they even allow a VR section at all then?

CYA

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I haven't read the threads about the book, but if its organised by the mods, I hate that. They are so quick to bash people who even dare joke or make slight sarcasm about GNR, yet they are happy to trash the guitarist that made GN'R?

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

it's a great book. think i care that //// and his hanger ons try to bring slash and anyone who likes the book down? the guy is a faceless coward hiding under his covers with his computer up his ass....

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

as far as the book is concerned, its not the greatest piece of rock autobiography writing....its nowhere near the Dirt, or Manson's book....but its ok as a read....i don't think it will ever be a "i hate it" kind of a book, but it won't win any awards in its originality either....the fact that he announced the book in early 07, and then had it completed before the year was over is enough of an indication in itself that it was rushed, not checked properly, and not necessarily aimed at "setting the record straight".....if he wanted that, he would have spent more time on the book....

still....its Slash....and i dig him....

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

From reading Slash's book, it pretty much confirms all the things we've read about for years regarding Axl's temper and his personality. Slash describes him as a complicated person and it also seems that Axl isn't as laid back as Slash or Duff so he tends to explode on people when he probably shouldn't. Slash has been pretty respectful towards Axl in recent years, as someone mentioned, even going so far as defending Axl when people take cheap shots.

Board footer