You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash talks new book, Velvet Revolver plans

Neemo wrote:

Slash talks new book, Velvet Revolver plans
By ED CONDRAN '¢ Correspondent '¢ December 28, 2007

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What's this?

For someone who claims to suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder, the guitarist known as Slash is pretty focused and accomplished. While recording "Libertad," the second album from his hard-rock act Velvet Revolver, the musician wrote his first biography, "Slash," which was released in October.

"I wrote the book on the fly," said Slash, a.k.a. Saul Hudson, while calling from his Los Angeles home. "I took it very seriously. It wasn't easy doing it while we were making this record because I get a little distracted. I have a really short attention span, but I hammered it out."

One big reason Slash penned the bio was to address Guns N' Roses issues for the last time, he said.

"People never stop asking me questions about my former band," Slash said. "Now all of my answers are in that book."

In it, Slash is remarkably fair regarding his former foil, enigmatic singer Axl Rose.

"I had no intention of trashing Axl," Slash said. "That's the problem with a lot of these books. They're overwhelmingly negative. Axl is a genius. I wasn't about to attack his character."

So far, at least, there's been no fallout from the volatile Rose's camp.

"I haven't heard anything from Axl's people," Slash said. "I know he's read the book. A mutual friend told me. I haven't gotten any vicious messages or anything. I guess he's cool with it."

Slash is the only member of GNR who has released a biography. He said he doubts that Rose, who still is putting the finishing touches on the long-awaited album "Chinese Democracy," will write one, too.

"How long do you think it'll take him to do that?" Slash said while laughing. "I mean, it's taken over a decade for him to release his record. I don't think that he can release a book in our lifetime."

The current members of Velvet Revolver, who will perform Saturday at Trenton's Sovereign Bank Arena and Monday at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, plan to write and record a third album in 2008.

"We want to keep the momentum going with this band," Slash said. "We want to get right back into the studio shortly after this tour ends."

Velvet Revolver, whose current members include singer Scott Weiland, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Dave Kushner, continues to make solid, straightforward rock 'n' roll.

"I think you know what you'll get from us," Slash said. "We like to do things in a certain way. We all just connect well with each other. We fit perfectly, and that's key for this band. Guns N' Roses was pretty dysfunctional. This band functions. We all fit together."

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl … /712280310

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

pretty decent interview, and looks like VR is still kicking 21

again was pretty nice to axl and apparent Axl has read slash book and hasnt contacted his lawyers 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That will be awesome if VR do another album fast....I was worried that things had been looking like imploding recently and that it might be a wait for new slash material.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

21 I wonder if he is still doing a solo
CD? I loved it's 5 o' clock somewhere.

I wonder if he will use a bunch of singers
or have just one?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The impression I got from the book is that its going to be a host of all different people slash has wanted to work with. Maybe we'll get both  11:drool::drool::drool:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting. A new VR album in 08. Sounds like another rush job to me which is what Libertad was, but at least they are releasing music.

I think they should add Messages to the next album and release it as a single.

I still haven't read this book.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I got the book yesterday and have read some of it. Axl really was/is a nutjob. He jumped out of Slash's moving car simply b/c Slash asked him to apologize to his grandma who Axl told to fuck off because she caught him sleeping on the family couch when he was supposed to be in Slash's bedroom.

Neemo wrote:

again was pretty nice to axl and apparent Axl has read slash book and hasnt contacted his lawyers 16

Yeah he was.   I guess Axl can't sue over what is true ya know, I guess if he isn't suing you know that what Slash said has to be the truth or Axl would probably be all over him legally.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lol, Slash is a liar or delusional 16 Anyone who reads the unofficial official forum knows what Axl thinks about Slash's book and what he thinks we should think about it.

On the other hand I don't see that VR's a functioning band, unless he means they're actually touring and releasing albums.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

hope they take a pirate and poets approach

Board footer