You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Thanks!! big_smile I've been looking around at these forums for more than a year now; so I decided to throw my hat in the ring and just respond to some topics and opinions. Same here! The summer would be much better and I would have a better chance at bringing friends along with me. I've updated them about the current band and they like what they are seeing and hearing; so hopefully if they are in the area next U.S. tour, I'm seeing them. I'm also planning on saving up if Van Halen tours here too. .

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/charts … nTours.pdf

tour stats for North America.....

35 shows...avg attendance 6,446...avg ticket price $53.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And before people go fucking crazy with the "look where U2 & Bon Jovi are at"...

Look at the figures. The total gross profits are based on average show profits, times dates of shows played.

Most of the artists about Guns, played 2-3 times the amount of dates in North America than Guns did.

Based on what I read, Guns haul was about average compared with most other artists on a percentage basis, the exception being HUGE draw stadium acts like U2 & Kenny Chesney.

For example: Elton John was #6 overall, with a $51.8 million gross. But his ticket prices were twice that of Guns, plus he did twice the amount of shows. Does he still come out on top? Yes. Based on comparison levels, GN'R still draws about Katy Perry numbers. And Katy Perry is SHOVED down the throats of America. Frankly i'm astonished with the complete lack of advertising on GNR's end and promotion, that they do what they do.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats still a quarter of a million tickets and $13,000,000

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

where do those 35 shows come from? i thought they played about 30 in the us?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Might count Canada too and perhaps that date on Sturgis?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would like to see that list sorted by average gross per show.

I think $339k per show  is respectable.

Just on that point, Axl sad they were touring for nothing, who does that $11M go to?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

+/- 370k per show

pay the venue
pay the crew
pay the travel expenses
fund the pyro/stage
rent the sound equip
room and board

i have no idea how much all the shit would cost

Sky Dog wrote:
WARose wrote:

where do those 35 shows come from? i thought they played about 30 in the us?

Mexico......the numbers are what they are. That's Axl's core audience. You are not gonna get many casuals with a band of gypsys and when you start at 11-11:30 on a weeknight....that's Axl's choice so he has to live with it.

As for the money, I don't think Axl makes any but he is supplying a lot of people with paychecks, and he put on some kick ass shows. I am just glad he saw the whole thing through. 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I think Madagas is right.

THE BAND is making alotta money off of it imo, as Axl is graciously paying them.

But I really doubt Axl's turning any kind of real profit for himself, unless he's scoring on endorsements. I noticed he had that Monster Energy drink can front and center on the piano for the Pay Per View's this tour.

Might've also been part of the settlement with Azoff. Azoff gets paid the share he was owed, which is negated for him seeing GN'R tour the states, but because of that Axl can't profit on it, because it's a settlement... something weird like that.

Board footer