You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Skewrl leaks

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I love the song, the version, and ESPECIALLY that lineup (could take or leave Paul, but other than that...), but damn if Axl doesn't get the award for most unnecessary guitar in the history of live performances during Bucket's solo.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

How can we be certain that Bucket wasn't pick-syncing, and that guitar solo wasn't a pre-recorded masterwork played by Axl himself? lol

I actually don't hear that much of a difference between the album version and the live version of the Maddy solo.  Maybe my memory deceives, but I think I lined them up after the demo leaked, and they were damn-near identical, note-for-note.

Comparing the demos to the final cuts, I like the final version of CD with Ron's adds, but the album version is still too slow IMHO.  So is The Blues.  The tempo of CD and The Blues from Rio work so much better for me, as do the extra guitars in the first half of The Blues.  But I guess that may be a typical reaction - loving the way you heard it the first time.  I listened to those live versions for several years before the demos leaked, so the difference there is obvious.  Less obvious is the difference to me between the leaks and the final release, possibly because I had less time to digest those leaks before Nov. '08.  When Silkworms finally comes out, I'll probably hate the final release and love the live version I've been listening too for the last 10 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, Silkworms is supposedly going to be really different when it's released with a totally different chorus and what not, from what Axl said. So it's probably going to be a huge change.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evads wrote:

Comparing the demos to the final cuts, I like the final version of CD with Ron's adds, but the album version is still too slow IMHO.  So is The Blues.  The tempo of CD and The Blues from Rio work so much better for me, as do the extra guitars in the first half of The Blues.

The best version of the title track in my opinion is how it was performed at HOB. Never performed like that again. Would love to hear a demo of it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is the Madagascar solo that should've been on the album. Hit play at 3:40.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Awesome! I think thats more or less how he played it throughout 2002... just made me think - funny how the solo on the album is buried and looking back every time Bucket played it after RIR3 it also sounded buried.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

imsorry wrote:

off topic i was reading this thread http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5002&p=52 and dunno who is that guy but i would like to clarified it almost 3 years later LOL if ive used his remaster it would never work out
cuz the AIM sounds weren't the original cuz it was req'd etc...and the phase cancellation wouldnt work they did work cuz them were original source otherwise it was impossible ...
i have skills mr. chicken tongue

Edit:if he was that good he would know that basic stuff...

Edit2:i dunno why always ppl tried that with me (GNR stuff) probably envy 13

hehe

Board footer