You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Rehearsals Streaming

Olorin wrote:

Ron has been showing some live video from the rehearsals, pretty cool. You can view it all here:

http://www.livestream.com/bumblefoot

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

There was even a wee snippet of one of the Estranged solo's in the backround earlier smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Someone just started playing it on guitar in the backround, probably DJ. Its at the very end of one of the first videos thats 11 minutes long, he just starts noodling a part of one of the solo, he doesnt even play a part from the beginning of the solo, it was a small section from near the end of one of them.
Its not even distinctive as from Estranged at first listen, I had to listen a couple of times to go "...oh yeah I hear it now."

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Poor lad.

Half the online community will take it as a promise to play Estranged at RIR. They'd better.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They'd better not...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'd say you'd be in the minority regarding their rendition.

Not alone, but minority.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I'd say you'd be in the minority regarding their rendition.

Not alone, but minority.

I bet I'm not...especially if you're counting those that don't care if they even have a show.  Maybe from the forum geeks, but even then I bet I'm not.  There's a vocal minority these days. 

I don't have a ton of respect for the new band as it is.  Axl could barely pull the song off when he was 20 years younger.  Playing what most hardcore fans of the AFD/UYI era consider to be the most epic (not necessarily best) song along with Coma, and not doing it justice is going to create mutiny.  IF they decide to play it, it better be perfect, and I mean PERFECT.  Since we all know it's not going to be, it's better off left alone.

Go back and listen to the boots of Axl singing the song.  Then think about the reviews of Myles singing Civil War, then make it worse by knowing that it's Axl that isn't doing the song justice.  There's no reason for it.  Let it be.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer