You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Bach describes new Axl/Dj song concept...

metallex78 wrote:

Crank up Sorry, and it gets pretty heavy in parts. Not quite doom metal, but when that riff kicks in it's pretty metal. So yeah, he wasn't too far off, and I trust him having heard the DJ/Axl tune.

But who fuck knows when we'll EVER hear it...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Naltav wrote:

So the news/rumor that Baz has heard a new song written by Axl/DJ is obv a tad more interesting than what Baz has raved on about for years now.

I think it's very interesting as it shows that Axl still records things and still comes up with new ideas in addition to tinkering with the rest of the chinese democracy sessions.

Although Axl is of course in charge, I see him as very much a colaborative musician - I feel that the old GNR worked with the blending of Izzy/Slash/Axl - each of them adding to the others works. The CD sessions seem to be largely Paul Huge influenced and it seemed a lot of time was spent trying to find the other pieces of that puzzle. But I feel that a DJ/Axl colaboration really has the potential to shine. DJ has a flair for rock - he's got good chops - he knows protools and digital enviroments well - add in Axl's magic and it should be pretty good I think.

But I'm excited to dream of what they can come up with, but moreover, I'm excited just to know that axl still works on things. Its good news for fans in the long term.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't care what anyone says, a GN'R "Are You With Me" with Axl on vocals, would be fuckin' killer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really hate saying this, and I already feel like a dick for thinking it, but I've been listening to some of Bumble's solo stuff, and I can understand why Axl isn't writing with him...

johndivney wrote:

i agree bumble doesn't promise much on the songwriting front

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Ron sucks at writing songs

whatever guys, Ron has some really awesome tunes ...

[youtube]7YJ7tV_HB18&feature=related[/youtube]

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, those songs didn't help your argument. 18

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, I listened but didn't want to say anything, but being misser took the leap...

They fuckin' blow. And ironically, it's probably the "best" of his solo stuff -- which is horrifying.

The best thing Ron can do, is just write shredding solos. That's it. That's all you have to do. Jam the song, feel it, hear it, see what you can add to it, and cut a solo. You get a co-writing credit, and we move on.

But other than that, Ron will never ever be allowed by Axl to sculpt a GN'R song, so no one needs to fool themselves into thinking it. Fortus will be brought into the writing process before Ron.

my two cents

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you guys are hopeless then

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I do think there are some cool moments, pieces, fragments in some of Bumble's stuff.  He's just a little too early 80's heavy metal/ post grunge/ crash test dummies/ primus sounding for me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Agreed. We're not hopeless, we just aren't deaf.

Bumble is nothing more than a bit-writer. He'll write snippets, whether they be riffs or solos, and that's it.

But unlike a Slash & Bucket, he'll never be able to construct an entire song. It just isn't there. What's above... Axl wouldn't even put on DAT tape, let alone let it be leaked for public consumption as "Guns N' Roses".

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Even if they are writing, it's all part of the geologic process of song creation that GnR has adopted since 1999.

Board footer