You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bach describes new Axl/Dj song concept...

Sky Dog wrote:

not a fan of Ron's solo music at all. I think his parts on Chinese are very solid though and I like him in a role like that. Coming in and adding a tasty solo or nice rhythm part.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Not impressed by those youtube clips at all. Sorry Neemo. I love Ron but I have to agree with the others, he isn't going to be writting for Gn'R. Like Axlin said Richard will be be writting before Ron will I think.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It really doesn't matter who writes with Axl.  He needs someone that inspires him.  I'm not a DJ fan on his outside activities, but he's the best Slash replacement they've had.  Still, he's no Slash.  I don't think a top-notch Slash replacement is going to inspire Axl in the same manner Slash did.  I also think Axl's best creative days are behind him (as it is with most people his age). 

Artists in general are creative in their youth, then eventually find what they are seeking with their creativity and become what they are and what they wanted to be.  It's a process of finding themselves.  Once they do that, they tend to stay with what they found.  I'm sure there are exceptions, but most bands are at their creative peak in their first 5 years or so, then they become whatever it is they are and live off of that even if creating "new"music.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not saying this because I'm a fan, but I think Better, TWAT, Prostitute, If The World are some of Axl's best songs.  And he couldn't have had those with Slash; he was working with others.  I think he can work with anyone who inspires him.

Slash doesn't need Axl, and Axl doesn't need Slash. That's not denying what they did together.  But neither of them need the other.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Not saying this because I'm a fan, but I think Better, TWAT, Prostitute, If The World are some of Axl's best songs.  And he couldn't have had those with Slash; he was working with others.  I think he can work with anyone who inspires him.

Slash doesn't need Axl, and Axl doesn't need Slash. That's not denying what they did together.  But neither of them need the other.

The thing they often say about bands is, like Buzzsaw said, they're usually at their most creative stage in the beginning.  When there's more of a brotherhood, before they become something.  So you could argue that since GNR has changed lineups, they're basically starting over in that sense. 

Like Buzz said though, you have to wonder if they've found the right group of guys to mesh together in a writing/creative sense.  I do think they came up with some great stuff with Bucket and Robin.  Unfortunately we're now onto GNR version 3.0, so the jury is still out on them, and maybe for some time.

I do think DJ has the goods.  Impressed with his work in Sixx AM, though obviously Nikki and James had a hand in that as well.  So I'd be highly interested to see what they could come up with as a group.  I just don't know if I'm ready to wait another decade.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't believe Tommy doesn't inspire Axl more.

One Man Mutiny (the album) was fucking solid. I mean GOOD good. Very Stones-ey, very-Izzy.

Can't believe that doesn't fire Axl up.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

madagas wrote:

not a fan of Ron's solo music at all. I think his parts on Chinese are very solid though and I like him in a role like that. Coming in and adding a tasty solo or nice rhythm part.

I hear that.

I am also not impressed with his presence in the band, or lack thereof. With so many big solos, it still befuddles me why he fades into the background for 95% of the show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and we wonder why we never hear anything from the band....

you know what would be really cool? if every former member from gnr (except tobias) would come back and write with Axl...but then instead of Axl singing it (cuz he is spotty on his best day) they should hire a different singer thats not weiland or corey taylor or rod jackson or eric dover or sebastian back or myles kennedy and then have that mythological new singer then sing the new album and release it like tomorrow...oh i know maybe they could get Zeus...i heard he's a hell of a singer...or maybe the bum downtown here...he's like amazing but he just never got a break

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl singing it in the studio is fine, they just need someone to tour in his place except for the one or two days he's on.  That's a better solution, but I like your thinking.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm about to crawl through the fiberoptic line on both of you.

Replace Axl Rose, and you'll see!!! Yeah i'll see alright, DJ on Nikki Sixx' cock, Ron teaching classes in BFE, New York, Richard singing Hole covers for a living, Frank reciting "would you like fries with that?", and Chris playing backup keys for Asia.

These guys are only where they are at, because they're in a band with AXL ROSE. Not because they have some mega-talent that puts them over all of the other solo artist support players.

And I say that with all the love in my heart, to all of the band members that might visit this place, and then click out immediately after reading Bono's posts.

Board footer