You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The Next Chapter or the Grand Finale?

Making money on GN'R and making money on CD are different things. Fuck. Wrong thread. My bad...........ummm, the end is near.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i would like to think that the band is pretty solid and are ready to go when the album is ready...

i mean they must have known that it would be a long drawn out project with little to no love considering whose heels they were following and knowing a bit of they musical backgrounds do we really think that GnR is no more than a job to them?

i dunno are they only there for the paycheque or do they actually beleive that the album has something bigger to offer if and when its released, i mean they havent exactly sat on their heels when nothing was happening with GnR...Dizzy does HnB, Tommy had VGH in 04, Fortus has done various projects, Robin has done Cirque, an NIN tour and movie and game scores, BBF recorded and toured Normal and is working on a followup and various side projects like QBall, pittman, has his job at Denny's and that Zaum stuff he did, the only ne we dont know about is frank...but we know that Brain was hardly inactive when he was still in the band

well they are professional musicans so i'm sure the paycheck has its appeal, but that isn't all they are there for.   go see the band live and tell me these guys are going thru the motions.   they are the best live band i've ever seen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

If 2008 is silent, then we're obviously beginning another 4 year cycle. 2009 will be silent, 2010 we'll see some touring, 2011 some more, and then nothing again. Either that, or they'll be gone for good. I honestly think no one will care about CD in a few years.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think its a bit early to write off '08 , i'm not holding my breath that this is the year but i'm not ruling it out either...basically it'll be out when it comes out, its all red tape at this point i think, it just remains to be seen how much red tape

Agreed, I never write off a year until it's over.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

well personally I think it's last chance saloon time this coming next 6 months.

there is zero interest/curiosity - it's all been said
I really hope he gets it together this year - I thought and still do think BH was irreplaceable to this lineup, but if he loses another member (Stinson or Finck say) surely thats game over?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, band cant survive another major departure. Fortus or Frank leaving means nothing, but if anyone else leaves its definitely over.

Agreed about BH. His loss was bigger than most realize.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Yeah, band cant survive another major departure. Fortus or Frank leaving means nothing, but if anyone else leaves its definitely over.

Agreed about BH. His loss was bigger than most realize.

I'm still amazed how quiet he's been on the whole subject. Not even a word through the grapevine (I thought he might have said something to one of his fans, if he speaks to them). Makes you wander whether he's holding out for royalties.

Board footer