You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: ASHBA: When You Come To A GnR Show, You Know There's A Danger Element

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter

Dan Armonaitis of GoUpstate.com recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist D.J. Ashba. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On GUNS N' ROSES' upcoming performance in Greenville, South Carolina on Halloween (October 31):

"My favorite holiday — I can't wait. I'm really excited about it. ... It's going to be so much fun.

"I know [GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose is] really into Halloween — he usually likes going off and trying to get to a Halloween party — so, yeah, it should be a lot of fun."

On GUNS N' ROSES' current tour:

"If I wasn't in the band, I would be the first one in line to buy a ticket. With GUNS, you come out and you never know what to expect. It's just a crazy, wild show, and I think that's part of (the appeal). And I think the other part is the music. It's music that a lot of us grew up on, so it brings back a lot of amazing feelings and memories. And I think when you come to a GUNS show, you know there's a danger element to this music, but it's very cool."

On GUNS N' ROSES' recent nomination for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame:

"They [the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES] brought so much to the world of music. I have nothing but respect, as a fan, for GUNS N' ROSES. They also set a standard for music videos, which I thought was really cool. Every video they put out was just epic, almost like mini-movies. They would dump millions of dollars into making these mind-blowing videos."

On Axl Rose:

"[He is] a musical genius [who] puts his heart and soul into his music.

"Axl is one of those people who would give you the shirt off his back. And he's also one of the funniest guys I know. I always tell him, 'It's a good thing this music thing worked out, but if it didn't you should've been a comedian.'

"The guy is hilarious. He just cracks me up. We're always sending each other the funniest jokes back and forth."

On GUNS N' ROSES' next album:

"I think everybody's main focus is on putting out the ultimate GUNS N' ROSES record."

On being a member of GUNS N' ROSES:

"Being in a band like this is awesome. You just kind of pinch yourself."

Read the entire interview from GoUpstate.com.

Sky Dog wrote:

I really wish this guy would keep his mouth shut....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's actually not as bad as I thought. I came into this thread ready to post "Shut up already, DJ." But that wasn't so bad.

He talks about the original line up going to the HOF, and I'm sure there are a ton of douchebag guitarists who would have included themselves in that discussion.

Like Gilby 16

johndivney wrote:

the only danger these days is for the band, when they get pelted with bottles

but at least dj is contributing to the promotion of the upcoming tour

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

DJ can put GNR back on the charts and back into being relevant.

Drives me nuts sometimes with his try too hard douchery.. but he is a thousand times better than Robin.. So I am good with him.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
-D- wrote:

Drives me nuts sometimes with his try too hard douchery.. but he is a thousand times better than Robin.. So I am good with him.

+1

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
-D- wrote:

DJ is an average hard rock guittar player nothing more, on the other hand Finck is an unique artist you can t find many players like him.

Saw the two line ups live DJ is an downgrade with Finck was much better.:)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:

DJ is an average hard rock guittar player nothing more

an average guitarist with proven hit writing potential

(Saints of Los Angeles, Life is Beautiful, Lies of the Beautiful People)

and LotBP acheived #1 without even a followup tour by sixx am

KIKO2K wrote:

Finck is an unique artist you can t find many players like him.

there is a reason for that you know...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Robin is more "unique" Hell, may be a more exciting "Live Guitarist" but DJ is a much better songwriter than Robin. 

DJ is writing chart topping music for James Michael for God's Sake. Imagine what he would sound like with Axl singing over top of his stuff and Axl lending his creative magic to get the best out of DJ?

Board footer