You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

DCK wrote:

Axlin caught the DJ bug that I caught last year.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And here we go...'

--Don't know about the Eddie Trunk thing, but I could "swear" (not confirming) I saw Jim Florentine down by the floor with a VIP/BSP badge on. Chew on that for the rumor mill.

--Axl & Ron interacted more with Cramer's side than mine, which is fine because they interacted more with me in 2006, which makes that experience unique to the Tampa show. This time around it was ALL ABOUT DJ. This guy totally won me over. Not only can he play, but he acknowledged me and my mother numerous times, and when he leaped up into the crowd during Nightrain he actually came over and directly acknowledged her. This is when I touched him as Russ told you. COOL FUCKING GUY MAN. We were over there busting our asses to carry that section, and DJ "got it". The guy can play, the guy can do the ambassador thing, the guy has stage prescence, the guy brilliantly knows how to work a crowd, and he seemed FUCKING LOVE being in this band. Get off your ASS Axl and put together some music for this guy. HE WILL BLEED FOR YOU AND YOUR FANS. DO IT NOW.

THIS. This is what I really took away from the show I saw in january 2010. The guy works his ass off. he may be annoying in how he self promotes, he may come off cheesy but on stage his presence and ability and fucking awesome.

Axlin08 wrote:

Axlin's recommendation -- get a fucking ticket NOW. If you don't, you ain't a fan. Period.

Well I don't think they'll add a date here but if they do I'm pretty confident I will not be getting tickets. I saw it in 2010 and it was fucking awesome. The only thing I see different here is they are playing Estranged and less CD songs. Not somehting I'm gonna dish out money or make an effort to see.  Your review to be honest seems slightly over the top. A little too much "best ever" tone coming from ya but I'll chalk that up to maybe a bit of an alcohol influenced memory of things tongue  The jist of what you're saying is there though and like I've said since my show in January 2010 it was a fucking great show. It blew all three shows I saw in 2006 outta the water and in terms of my expectations it exceeded them.  They are a great live band when things are going right.  Having said that I really don't have a desire to see them again doing a nostalgia tour. And yes I am still a  fan even without a desire to see them live.  But like you if people haven't seen them since 2006 I would also reccomend they should give it a chance if they are a fan because from all accounts since late 2009 till now they've been making 2006 look like complete and utter shit.

What the fuck? So i'm criticized with too much "best ever" shit, then totally vidicated in the same post when "2010 blew 2006 outta the water".

I actually criticized Axl on a few songs in my post, and the band on NR.

I'm a pretty critical guy, so no offense, don't lay that "you're not being objective" thing on me.

I know what I fucking heard man, and i'm telling you, if Axl decided to release that ONE show on iTunes as a "Live in Orlando 2011" live show, people would shit their asses.

It was that fucking good. That's all i'm saying. And btw, I was stone cold sober (well, sort of).

Lomax wrote:

No Axlin08 you're wrong. The guy who wasn't there obviously knows what he's talking about, after all he's being perfectly objective and you were just some guy at the concert.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What the fuck? So i'm criticized with too much "best ever" shit, then totally vidicated in the same post when "2010 blew 2006 outta the water".

I'm a pretty critical guy, so no offense, don't lay that "you're not being objective" thing on me.

I know what I fucking heard man, and i'm telling you, if Axl decided to release that ONE show on iTunes as a "Live in Orlando 2011" live show, people would shit their asses.

It was that fucking good. That's all i'm saying. And btw, I was stone cold sober (well, sort of).

Oh calm down dude. Obviously my comment was tongue and cheek. I was simply saying the vibe I was getting was a little too much "best ever" coming from you BUT had you simmered down you'd realize I pretty much agree with what you're saying(I felt it in 2010) although maybe not as all warm and fuzzy about it since you JUST saw the show last night and while doing so I imagine had a few drinks or something(even you admited being "almost sober"). Not saying it wasn't fucking awesome just saying I got a little too "best ever" vibe from your review. That's all.  Dude you yourself called Manets(I think) a bullshitter when he said people were crying and hugging complete strangers and then here you are saying the same thing. Don't take it personally. All I'm saying is your review paints a  picture(for me) that it was the best performance ever and I don't totally buy that regardless of who wrote it. It's what I got from reading your review.  But i do buy it was fucking awesome anfd you had an amaizng time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Hehe, Bono told someone to calm down. 16

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I agree with almost everything you said, especially about DJ he really worked it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh calm down dude. Obviously my comment was tongue and cheek. I was simply saying the vibe I was getting was a little too much "best ever" coming from you BUT had you simmered down you'd realize I pretty much agree with what you're saying(I felt it in 2010) although maybe not as all warm and fuzzy about it since you JUST saw the show last night and while doing so I imagine had a few drinks or something(even you admited being "almost sober"). Not saying it wasn't fucking awesome just saying I got a little too "best ever" vibe from your review. That's all.  Dude you yourself called Manets(I think) a bullshitter when he said people were crying and hugging complete strangers and then here you are saying the same thing. Don't take it personally. All I'm saying is your review paints a  picture(for me) that it was the best performance ever and I don't totally buy that regardless of who wrote it. It's what I got from reading your review.  But i do buy it was fucking awesome anfd you had an amaizng time.

I went after Manets, and that other guy on Twitter (which I swear is Jpp here), that said that Rio IV was better than Rio II & III, and after the fuckin' trainwreck that it was, there was no way that was possible, and I stand by that.

As for the hugging thing, I guess I have to apologize for that, because I have NEVER seen that as the GN'R shows I was at. Both 2006 shows I was at very much had a "impress me" attitude amongst the crowd.

Last night was a totally different experience. It was almost like a South American-type crowd, at an American show. I have NEVER seen that kind of PASSION for Guns.

People singing along, getting emotional, and the thing is, even at 2:30 in the morning, most people were still there.

I've never seen that, so for that I apologize. I imagine that's the closest experience i'll ever get to a SA-type show. People were totally different. Real cool, real bonded with Axl. Almost like a religious experience.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I agree with almost everything you said, especially about DJ he really worked it.

What didn't you agree with? You were there too, what was your perspective?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I dunno. I think DJ is still a douche, lol. But he did bring it.

I posted my review in the other thread by accident (I'm tired I guess.)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=10912&p=47

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Thanx for a great review, Axlin!   22

Glad you had a blast!

Board footer