You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

Naltav wrote:

Good to see the two first shows were pretty packed. Eddie tweeted something about 80% full and that he was shocked at how many young kids there were in attendance!

I want a video of Shackler's and Estranged!  9

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

No Axlin08 you're wrong. The guy who wasn't there obviously knows what he's talking about, after all he's being perfectly objective and you were just some guy at the concert.

I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing

I would say the guy at home naturally has a less emotional response and clearly is more objective than they guy that just got out of a concert, but I'll assume you guys didn't study psychology or don't really understand how people operate. 

I can't believe anybody would argue differently to be honest.  neutral

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Just got home.... did not read every page of this  thread

We bought parking @ Wells Fargo near our hotel and walked. The main bar street near the venue was great. lots dressed up in costumes partying. the streets and local bars were packed!

Buck Cherry only has 2 songs that I know so I sat @ the 2nd story bar (behind stage) and drank during there set bullshitting with security. Premium double shot drinks were $22.50 each. BC went on from 9 to 10. When they left the security guy went to a private area  to chat on walkeytalky.. came back and said GnR are scheculed to play @ 12 so we got 2 hr intermission. I ask had he heard any news and was AX in the building. He said he flew out of LA @ 5pm and missed his first plane.  Merch was plentiful. ALOT of art that I had not seen. T-shirt prices were $40-$50 each .....We were close enuff to the  side of stage to feel the heat from the PYRO ! Could also see the vocals scroll on the teleprompter on other side of the stage.

Axl was awesome. but @ one point looked like he pissed his pants lol (thanx to my GF for pointing that out)
He talked and joked with the band and crowd. first 2 songs were a bit off vocally (warm up) after that was so good I thought about driving to Miami. Axl ran across stage several times. The whole stage got plenty of attention.
Axl tossed his mic to the crowd @ end of show (floor) He thanked King TUT for being at the show big_smile

DJ is good @ getting the crowd pumped. He also has quite a few of his own fans @ the show. Lead parts sound great. totally sold on DJ now. not once did I feel like something (or someone)was missing. Dj shared his Monster energy drinks, water and several drum sticks with the crowd. Deej did his normal floor run.

BBF carrys a big part of main guitars. (more than I thought )
@ end of concert someone tossed up a painted GnR sheet he wore over his back the rest of the show. His Beard is a monster!. BBF held his guitar out over security to let the crowd touch and tap the finger board during a song jam.

Fortus is ....fortus *shrug* I could not hear his guitar in the mix most of the night unless he had a solo or a slide in his hand.

Mother Goose was absent or hidden

Dizzy spent most of the show behind frank. Dizzys solo was good imho, (good time to grab a few more drinks!)

Frank was ok. First time I have seen him live. To me hes not perfect like mat or sloppy soulful like Adler.

Stinson was good... he seemed excited about the cardinals game. I could not hear the base in the mix most of the night.

The show was not sold out, but sold alot better than I thought it would. everything was mostly positive. Glad i went, you guys get off your A$$ and go to a show if you can!~ I may still make the ATL show if I can work it out.
This band is awesome together! Axl sounds great! For the first time I did not feel like it would have been a better show with the old guys.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Naltav wrote:

[youtube]zJqc5dmFY8w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

That's me shaking his hand at 1:30ish! I'm the first guy in! haha

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

No Axlin08 you're wrong. The guy who wasn't there obviously knows what he's talking about, after all he's being perfectly objective and you were just some guy at the concert.

I would say the guy at home naturally has a less emotional response and clearly is more objective than they guy that just got out of a concert, but I'll assume you guys didn't study psychology or don't really understand how people operate. 

you're a funny guy
but how can anyone pass assessment on the gig without hearing a note of the show or experiencing the energy in the room?
you're only guessing - boring setlist, same tricks as always yada yada yada
but that's guessing or assuming. how can anyone be more objective over something they didn't even experience?

i know where you're coming from, & your RiR example is correct in that regard. but that was different as we all could experience it & judge for ourselves. how can you judge it honestly & objectively unless you've got some primary evidence?

& you can't assume "the guy at home has a less emotional response & is clearly more objective" cause the guy @ home could be a lunatic.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

you're a funny guy
but how can anyone pass assessment on the gig without hearing a note of the show or experiencing the energy in the room?
but that's guessing or assuming. how can anyone be more objective over something they didn't even experience?

i know where you're coming from, & your RiR example is correct in that regard. but that was different as we all could experience it & judge for ourselves. how can you judge it honestly & objectively unless you've got some primary evidence?

& you can't assume "the guy at home has a less emotional response & is clearly more objective" cause the guy @ home could be a lunatic.

You're 100% right.  The guy at home did NOT experience the show, so he is in NO position to make a judgement about the quality of the show in any way, shape or form.  I honestly can't believe that anyone would argue against THAT.  You just can't.

Ali

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

cramer those r p awesome
what kinda camera u use??

Just a cheapy digital camera. My wife is really good with settings and knowing when to shoot. The first pics were taken by my step daughter and they sucked because of settings.

Lomax wrote:
Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

you're a funny guy

You're 100% right.  The guy at home did NOT experience the show, so he is in NO position to make a judgement about the quality of the show in any way, shape or form.  I honestly can't believe that anyone would argue against THAT.  You just can't.

Ali

Exactly. Just as importantly though.

Music isn't meant to be objective. Never has been. Never will be.

Having an objective view on a Rock n Roll show is like sleeping with your girlfriend  all the while taking perfectly precise measurements of her silence to moan ration and pupil dilation in order to post objectively about it online later.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow, you guys don't understand people at all.  Kinda scarey.

johndivney wrote:

what i find scary is people mistaking cynicism for objectivity

well not scary, just... i dunno, amusing.

Board footer