You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: American Horror Story

Last few episodes have this show going in the right direction. Love what I'm seeing. Last week's episode had an off the wall moment which many found out of the place; but I found quite amusing because it wasn't Spiderman 3 useless. What's more insane then

Hidden Text:

having a dance number when so much death is going on

Hidden Text:

alien plot is starting to make more sense and have more of an involvement with Kit. Could he be an alien himself? If they are so interested him and he gets two babies

Hidden Text:

Dylan is back as Johnny "Bloody Face Jr." Thredson or someone else's father, perhaps since some more kids poped up this time around having some emotional breakdowns.

Hidden Text:

Arden's suicide was quite a shock and Timothy is still kind of an asshole and hypocrite

Feel free to catch up on any episodes before you read this post.

Got Season 1 on DVD yesterday when I was looking around Best Buy 9 and apparently 21 has an addiction to this show. Good man! Thoughts anyone?

AtariLegend wrote:

I like show, but I don't like the direction it's going in. There's been more false deaths in past few episodes than Heroes had in an entire reason.

It's moving more towards dark comedy away from horror elements. The Jessica Lange song and dance scene, is obviously something producers found funny.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I thought about checking it out, 'cause I dig horror shows and Jessica Lange is always terrific, but when I saw the leads were Dylan McDermott and that chick off of Friday Night Lights, and I decided to give it a pass.

I MIGHT reconsider, if you say it's good. It's gotten good reviews, i've just been focused on Sons of Anarchy right now on FX.

Same here. Never gave it a chance due to casting

Me_Wise_Magic

Well this season has been finished. And man what a finale. Everything wrapped up nicely and brought alot of emotion and strong character development from all the crazy plot lines that have been going on this past season. If you anyone here has made it through the end, feel free to discuss your thoughts. Well done cast & crew.  Bring on Season 3 I suppose. big_smile

AtariLegend wrote:

Strongly disagree about the wrapping up. I like the series, but half the storylines were made up as they went along.

The end of Jude's story seems weak, no confrontation with Joseph Fienes character after all those episodes and he just kills himself offscreen? What was point of Aliens and why did they have an interest in Kitt? Obviously the Satan storyline and experiments were just added in to take up time.

One of the least satisfying season final's ever. I actually expected it to go somewhere.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I fall in the middle. I liked the finale as I was watching it but immediately after started thinking about things that I didn't like. The biggest thing I didn't get was making no attempt to explain the aliens. I think the Jude ending was sufficient and I thought the big reveal about Lana was pretty bad ass.

I suppose I fall into this category. I'm very disappointed that there wasn't any kind of closure with the alien storyline. They could have went several different ways with the Bloodyface story arc, but I can't say that it was a huge letdown. I just feel like there were too many loose ends that needed to be tied up or at least elaborated on a bit more. I would have preferred an epilogue type episode akin to the one in the first season.

Overall I'm okay with season 2 but, I hope season 3 will keep me as entertained as season 1. The first season really set the bar pretty high for me.

Me_Wise_Magic

The problem was I was more disappointed by Season 1's finale. I felt more sympathetic toward Johnny than Tate or Ben Harmon in my honest opinion. There were loose ends still to that story too. Each season had it's own problems. I love both seasons; but I just had more fun with Asylum a little more. I thought the time jumps were ok; but Season 1 did the ghost of the week flashbacks in a superior way. Especially since after looking at this behind the scenes special on the S1 DVD set. The way they did some of the effects from the 30s to present day was quite interesting.  I agree that the alien story line could of been worked out better or even taken out of the show and used for a later concept; but I think Kit's story wrapped up quite nicely. The whole thing he did for Jude was very sweet and really amped up both of their characters' development. I got to give my props to the costume and make up department on this show. Would of liked to see Kit's kids all grown up and discuss what truly happened which a reviewer at IGN was getting at; but I guess Lana's exposition was alright in explaining that. I believe the whole alien's thing was you know Kit you've been through enough let us help you for a change or some shit like that. I thought the cinematography for that finale was amazing especially when Johnny in exploring the asylum and the flashbacks with the art direction was a really cool effect.  I think a Good Guy Kit (instead of Good Guy Greg internet meme is in order lol) So excited for Season 3 and feel free to add your thoughts to what the concept will be next time around.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I also read that the girl who played Violet in S1 will be back.

Board footer