You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: What's more cheesy

DCK wrote:

1. Your OWN name tattoed with gothic font on your arm
2. Your KIDS name tattoed on your back with birthdate.

I just can't fucking make up my mind...

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Def #1 without question

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Depends on the circumstance.

Your own name might make sense if it somehow represents something.

Say someone like W. Axl Rose who wasn't always called by that name.

So you could assume that that name to him has a deeper meaning as it represents what he's achieved, what he's fought for, one side of his personality that he might want to be or something.  So if someone like Axl got a tatt saying his name I can see it achieves something.

Conversly, for me....why would I need to tatto my own name on myself? There's no reason for it so it would be sort of cheesy.

Kids name...I dunno...its natural for people to love their kids...and as something you love forever it's not going to change and so ideal for a tatt...

But then what do I know...I'm too much of a pussy to have any tatts wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only time names make any sense tattooed on your body is for dead loved ones, and even then... it's real trailer park.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only time names make any sense tattooed on your body is for dead loved ones, and even then... it's real trailer park.

I have a tattoo for one of my best friends who passed. I fail to see how this could be "trailer park". It's how I chose to honor his life and keep his memory. And the look on his mother and father's faces when they saw it made it worth every penny and second its on my skin.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i have my kids names and birthdays tattooed on my upper right arm...plan on getting a portrait of them when i get the $$$ together, wouldnt change getting them done either

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Calling Tattoos trailer park is really really misguided.

Cmon dude

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Most people use tattoos as a personal history. so really nothing wrong with tattooing anything that has meaning on u.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

tattoos with any kind of personal meaning are cool but a  tattoo for the sake of it is stupid.  The worst is the dime a dozen tribal art shit. That stuff is uber lame. Also full length sleaves just because they look badass are fucking stupid as well as are neck tattoos.

the sad part about tattoos is they used to make an individual unique. However these days you're more unique not to have a tattoo.

Most of my freinds have tattoos and I'm brutally honest with them. Most of them absolutey suck. I have one friend who has a cool tattoo because it actually means something and he can tell a story whereas the others just saying dumb shit like "It looks cool" or "I wanted one" . I never miss the opportunity to mock my friends(4 of them) who got stupid  arm band tattoos when they were in their early 20's. Good job idiots now you've got that shit forever hahaha! They all regret it too.

Another stupid thing is when caucasian people through and through who don't have any Chinese heritage nor any ties to Chinese heritage have Chinese writting on their body. roll

I mean to each their own but I have strong opinions on tattoos. I don't have any of my own and I'm definitely not against them and I would get one if I was inspired to for some reason but tattoos just because is stupid.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I hear what you are saying Bono. I don't have any though I wouldn't rule out getting one if it was something significant at the right time. I'm not gonna suddenly say right I want a tattoo tomorrow then just go and pick some design for the sake of it. There would have to be some real meaning behind it.

Sadly as you say they have become so mainstream that to me they have lost some of their appeal. also there are so many dickheads that get tough stickers on themselves to try and look badass or cool it's become a joke.

Board footer