You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Louis CK

jorge76 wrote:

I don't know who all is familiar with the comedian Louis CK, but this is a pretty cool thing.  If you're not familiar with him, check him out on youtube, he's probably the funniest guy out there right now.

This past weekend he put out his newest stand-up special.  He released it on his own website, completely DRM free for a $5 paypal fee.  Basically just asking people, hey it's only $5 you can do with it what you want, please don't steal it.  Sort of as an experiment to see what would happen.  If you're interested and/or want to see an outtake from the special you can check it out at www.louisck.net 

Today he released this statement on the site detailing how its worked so far: https://buy.louisck.net/statement

Super interesting, and record companies should take note.

johndivney wrote:

i'll prob d/l it for free tbh!

easily the funniest american around atm
i love his show louie
but find his stand-up specials a little hit & miss but when's he's hilarious he's sublime.
a genius.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I heard about this and i'm finally glad Louis had the balls to do it.

I've been saying this and saying this. The biggest thing that destroyed the music business, was the "middle men" who all sink their teeth into the necks of artists to get their piece for pulling their dicks and doing nothing else.

You price the product for a public who thinks it's reasonable and THEY WILL REWARD YOU.

Pure profit

We're not all crooks. I know that I myself have a tendency to buy 10x more stuff, that's priced at $5 and under, than I ever have buying 1-2 things at $20 bucks or more.

Because Psychologically you don't think it's that expensive. That unreasonable.

Sure your profits aren't gonna be what they once were, but it doesn't mean that you can't get rich quick being an artist.

Imagine what big time music artists could do circumventing labels like this?

Take note, and record.... THIS is the future of the music industry people.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I hope you're right. I love this sort of thing and Louis is very funny, and a smart guy too. I haven't bought it yet but I plan to.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Man that Greatest Hits III is a waste of time.

What a waste of a great title. There's SO MUCH great stuff from Queen's catalog, including Princes of the Universe that could've been put on that, than friggin' Wyclef Jean and Queen+ stuff.

johndivney wrote:

Am starting to think Louie is the greatest show since Larry Sanders.

Another amazing ep this week. Again it brought tears to my eyes w/laughter.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I still need to see it. Overall, I've been extremely pleased with this season. Still need to catch up on some of the episodes of the last two.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

past 2 episodes have been excellent and hilarious

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If you guys love Louis like I do, you'll love Bill Burr

Board footer