You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns: Thank you for 2011

apex-twin wrote:

I'd like to thank Axl and the Guns for the past year.

We got,

- US tour
- Civil War
- Estranged
- RRHOF nomination
- Axl interviews (!)

and, most importantly, an active and a healthy-looking band onstage.

No new studio material or any concrete news as such. But then again, the US tour just happened to coincide with the RRHOF nomination and there was no better time since... whenever, to get around to promote the contemporary band and have that eternity of an album in your back pocket.

New music would've been sweet.

But it's nice to have you guys out there.

ps. Tommy, Motivation/Sonic Reducer/My Generation, 22

pps. Ron, 9

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Right on.
Ron's a tank.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep good effort fellas good to get another 3 pro shots too big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

yep, Axl with a smile is a good thing.....I'll leave it at that. It will be an interesting new year.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Abso-fuckin-lutely. THANK YOU Guns N' Roses!!!

I mean this was the first fully successful, and completed, with all around positivity North American tour since what 1993? 1992?

This is the best lineup of the new era. Maybe not "technically", everybody prefers this or that, but this lineup has been the first time since the inception of the new lineup that i've looked at these guys as Guns N' Roses. Everyone seems to have fantastic chemistry with each other, for the first time ever with the new band. All of the pieces of the puzzle fit.

Now we've got the new band ready to go. We've got the old band at the least strained and most love they've ever been.

Old band, new band, reunion, new album... if everybody stays the course, 2012 could be the first year of Guns N' Roses in a very long time. Everybody seems to feel comfortable in their own skin again, and the band seems primed for the rock spotlight once again.

I hope i'm not overselling it, but 2012 could be the most interesting year in GN'R history in quite some time.

Thank you for pro-shots (ok maybe not Rio)
thank you for the PPV concerts
thank you for the interviews
thank you for the fucking AWESOME show in person

thank you for the whole vibe, thank you that Ron "The Man" Thal making it through this tour without incident and success with his injuries

thank you for DJ Ashba being so great with the fans myself included and making it a show moment to remember

thank you so much that I got to hear my favorite song ever (Estranged) sung by Axl for the first time in 18 years on North American continent live

thank you for bringing back Civil War and interjecting a perfect blend of all of GNR's legacy, with equal amounts of AFD, UYI & CD for tasty awesomeness

thank you for giving Tommy Stinson a full time solo spot, and allowing him to play one of his great solo songs

thank you for a generous and happy to be alive Axl Rose that makes all of us feel a little happier, including the band

thank you to Dizzy fucking Reed for absolutely nailing my favorite part of any GN'R song, the Estranged piano solo every fucking night, you are THE MAN always

thank you to Frank "Thunderchucker" Ferrer for being the best drummer ever, and thank you to Russ for letting me know that I got to make Frank smile at a GN'R show from thousands of miles away

thank you to Tommy Stinson for ruining Game 7 of the World Series (which I taping at home) while I was at a Guns N' Roses show and telling me that the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series when I was rooting for the Rangers, you drunk crazy midwest punk fuck tongue much love

thank you to Richard Fortus for proving to me that you very much are GN'R soul when I doubted for far too long, you were absolutely amazing at the show and deserve more credit than you get

thank you to Mother Goose for without you the world would not be right if you didn't hit the French Horns of Madagascar when you guys slammed it out of the park

thank you to all of the great fans here at Evo, Russ, Stacey, Saikin, who allowed me to get to experience these shows in real time and update the board as it happened, with texts & pics and late night company... it was an absolute pleasure

Here's to hoping 2012 brings new music, new shows, new bonds with old faces, reunions, reboots, new beginnings, the rebirth and the true "full circle" of GUNS N ' ROSES

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

+1

Thanx a lot GNR! 2011 was def awesome!

Fingers crossed for 2012! (saw Ron tweeting that he was going back to LA in a few weeks. Finishing touches on CDII?)

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Best year for GNR and the fans since 1991

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It has been a great year, new pro-shots, successful tours and Axl even doing interviews. Great to see all going well in GNR land.

Appreciate everyone who works hard behind the scenes to make all this happen too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think more than anyone else, Ron deserves our respect and thanks for going out there and playing his heart out night after night, in light of what's been going on in his personal life.

Board footer