You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns: Thank you for 2011

imsorry wrote:

You guys are tripping really hard!!!

imsorry wrote:
DCK wrote:

Best year for GNR and the fans since 1991

I thought the CD release was the best year...

johndivney wrote:

meh.
they didn't play europe or release a new record.
it was a nice yr for some, a midly interesting one for the rest.
there is some good stuff to have come from the 2nd half of this yr but nothing worth celebrating that much, if at all.

don't have anything to be thankful for. what the fuck do i care about a tour of the America's, y'know? it is nice n all it went over well, but really what do i have to show for it?
& even if i did have something, i prob still wouldn't thank them. thank them for the privilege of dropping $70 in their pockets for showing up @ a concert? MEH.

gimme gimme gimme. that's me.

gimme a new album motherfuckers. sans-slashba, of course. then i'll maybe be thankful. but i'm not promising anything...

thankful for people doing their jobs... in entertainment. i'd be thankful for a doctor saving my life or a civil servant helping me, but entertainers??? meh...

i do think Ron is p great.

tongue

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I think more than anyone else, Ron deserves our respect and thanks for going out there and playing his heart out night after night, in light of what's been going on in his personal life.

Agree hats off to all of them but in particular Ron! He's a trooper, a storm trooper.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

John there was something for everyone.

I'll grant the USA members are feeling the love a little more at the moment - while people like me (australia) have been spoiled by a tour in 2006 and 2010 - so there's less of the OMG factor for us - but it's nice to see the band active....

and for the rest of us there's been some interviews which are always good, and several proshot recordings...pretty good haul for a GNR year really.

I would kill for new music though..but hey...better this than 2004 wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'll grant the USA members are feeling the love a little more at the moment - while people like me (australia) have been spoiled by a tour in 2006 and 2010 - so there's less of the OMG factor for us - but it's nice to see the band active....

and for the rest of us there's been some interviews which are always good, and several proshot recordings...pretty good haul for a GNR year really.

Yeah, even if you didn't see them live this year, you got some pretty cool stuff in the end.  Obviously "new music" is what everyone will continue to hope for, but there's obviously been worse years for this band.

2008 was AWESOME to get CD officially released.  BUT, we had heard 11 of the songs previously and the CD obviously didn't get the rollout anyone expected.  So, I'd vote for 2011 as a BETTER year.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

does it mean i have to be thankful tho?

the good things that have happened are nice, but not inspiring enough for me to get down on my knees & give thanks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

2010 and 2011 were defintely the best years for GNR's current legacy.  Despite all the bitching about Reading & Leeds, Rock in Rio IV. 2006 had it's high points though. I think 2012 just might be the year we have been waiting for. New music, better tour planning, and some better promotion for the lineup. I would also like to point out that Baz back in 07 said that Axl wanted the third album out by 2012 since that might have Down by the Ocean, Ides of March, maybe Soul Monster and The General; so with the current change of plans, we may see some sort of album this year whether old or new.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

This year's been great but it hasn't had much impact on me. Year before...Reading....nuff said about that. So I think 2012 could be there year - UK tour in planning stage (apparently) and rumours of a new album with fresh material. That really would make my day - being able to put on a record without having heard any of it before.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If i had to pick a best year I'd have to go with the album in 2008. Sure as a year it sucked with the album release getting fucked up and then the silence demon coming back to town....but in the big picture having that album done is the best thing to happen.

Imagine if we were still waiting for it...gulp...or if I never got a studio version of those songs we'd heard live!

Still 2011 was great as it seemed GNR's machine was working well and they were doing stuff like a "normal" band - the live stream thing was particularly great - I hope they do that on future tours. I know I'd subscribe to most of them.

Board footer