You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: The Next Thing

apex-twin wrote:

If you would have to choose one over the other, which would it be?

Disclaimer: if something fan-friendly happens at RRHOF, I think that is a good thing. RRHOF and CD2 can co-exist; this poll is to inquire whether people would like to see a reunion reach a point where it would replace the contemporary band as Guns N Roses.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I nicked the idea from the other thread, admittedly.

Not to lessen the discussion there, I just wanted to state the question in a different way.

AtariLegend wrote:

I want new music, I don't want a roup people standing on stage who clearly hate each other playing Welcome To The Jungle for the sake of it.

tbh not much different from 2006.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whew that's tough. That's REAL tough.

For as much as I love and support the new band, Axl's only got so much voice left, Slash's is writing great licks and challenging himself again, Izzy's still the man, and Duff's in the best shape of his life...

I'd like to see those guys do something one more time before they're too old.

Look at Van Halen, look at the good vibrations there, and those guys hated each other.

MAN that's tough.

2012 is shaping up already to see a year of reuniting and regrouping... Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Metallica, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen & E Street, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones... i'm sure there's others i'm forgetting...

I'd love to add old GN'R to that list REALLY bad. New Guns too, but man I don't know.

I'd like to see both happen, but to me, you can always cull from the vault. You can always call DJ & Ron... catching lightning in a bottle possibly with Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff... that's a one shot deal.

I gotta vote for that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Personally, I think whatever happens at RRHOF won't be the deciding factor on making new decisions with the current lineup or any of the alumni. I think it will end all the specs and also some of the feuding between the different camps. The guys will make peace, accept the award, maybe do a performance with various members of the band past & present, walk off stage, and move on with their lives. As long as they don't Van Halen RRHOF the situation, I'll happy with anything else. The only announcement Axl should make would be that the current version of the band will continue on. Maybe collaborating or at least getting back in touch with the original members and being friends would be a nice change of scenery. It's not going to take a few hours of accepting an award to get rid of all the backlash. I know Steven Adler wishes it. It will take some time. What's the point of doing a reunion if everyone isn't going to get along or be on board with smiles 100%? Anything is possible nowadays. We'll just have to wait and see who shows up. I don't think getting CD-2 out will interfere with a reunion show because the current guys respect the old band and understand any decision that comes their way with Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well see I think that's what apex is proposing.

Axl's obviously at a point that he's let go of it that he can come right out and say "yeah i'll be there, and do that for the fans; they want to see it".

Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven were over it years ago, other than Steven constantly bellyaching about wanting it.

I think what apex is proposing is what if a KISS situation happens where it breaks down the walls enough that these guys suddenly see the whole thing differently. Axl finds his next move, and Slash finds his VR singer so to speak.

On one hand is beyond belief, but on another hand the iron has never been hotter for them. Just a few years ago they still had box cutters at each other's throats.

What I DON'T WANT is a GN'R like that VR show the other day, that sees Axl & Steven busting their ass, and Slash & Duff looking like they're wasting their time.

But I don't think that'll happen. Slash & Duff both realize, and Izzy too, the monumental moment this will be.

They'll all be there, and all smiles. I have faith. I think they'll be happy to see each other.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Reunion Tour

Axl gave it a go on his own and had mixed results. Time to get back to being the biggest band on the planet

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Depends what's involved in the reunion.

If it's just re-starting the UYI tour and doing that for 10 dates then going back to never speaking then it's a waste of time to me.

If it's re-forming original GNR for real as an on-going entity that's going to record new albums, tour and generally be a full band again then that's perfect.

To me Black Ice is the model of what re-GNR could do.

New album...then a hits tour with 2 or 3 of the new songs included.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Whew that's tough. That's REAL tough.

For as much as I love and support the new band, Axl's only got so much voice left, Slash's is writing great licks and challenging himself again, Izzy's still the man, and Duff's in the best shape of his life...

I'd like to see those guys do something one more time before they're too old.

Look at Van Halen, look at the good vibrations there, and those guys hated each other.

MAN that's tough.

2012 is shaping up already to see a year of reuniting and regrouping... Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Metallica, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen & E Street, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones... i'm sure there's others i'm forgetting...

I'd love to add old GN'R to that list REALLY bad. New Guns too, but man I don't know.

I'd like to see both happen, but to me, you can always cull from the vault. You can always call DJ & Ron... catching lightning in a bottle possibly with Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff... that's a one shot deal.

I gotta vote for that.

I'm with JR, tough decision but at this point, considering I have very little faith in ever getting new music, I am going with a reunion. 20 years and Axl has released 15 original tracks. Odds are that isn't going to change so I would rather bask in the glow of one last stand than sit around and wait for potential unfullfilled.

Ideally, I would like to see Axl drop a Chinese boxset, do a reunion tour with the original guys, then go back to the new band and start a NEW band under a different name.

But, I'll get nothing and like it!:headbang:

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

OF COURSE a reunion!

Board footer