You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Next Thing

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah that's thing thing...new music is prefered outcome for everyone I think...I'm be interested in either new music from new-gnr or new music from the re-gnr wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

If you could guarantee me that they'd all be down for a reunion, they'd be as happy together as they could be, and they'd focus on creating new music, I'd choose that.  But I don't see any of that happening.  I think it's far more likely for the current lineup to carry on.

Slash was on Eddie Trunk's show last week and he, like Steven, did not sound too optimistic about the RRHOF, as far as things going smoothly.  In not so many words he gave the impression that he doesn't have much faith in Axl showing up and/or playing with the original 5.  There are still a lot of trust issues there on both sides, way too many for a reunion to work for more than one night.  And even ONE night is in doubt at this point.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I hope for the first one, but I think the second one is what we're stuck with. Sucks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's a first time for everything...

We ain't gonna know 'til the deed is done.

As faldor was talking about, I don't blame Slash & Steven, and the fans for having that attitude. Why wouldn't they?

Regardless of the old band, Axl's known for fucking up a good/perfect thing. Everybody's fuse for his hijinks was extinguished years ago.

It's so far fetched for it to work that even the band themselves can't wrap their heads around it. Stranger things have happened.

I still think if Van Halen can do it (not at the Hall, but in the present), GN'R can without hesitation. It might not be at the Hall, but it will be eventually.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

reunion. it's a no brainer. i'd pay alot of money just to see axl and slash perform together. not sure what the poll means by "album(?)" but it doesn't matter. if they are touring together, there would be a chance they would make an album together. so i voted for that.

for several years i've accepted that there is no chance of that happening. now i think there is at least a chance, although very small. i think the one thing that would have to happen is Tommy Stinson quitting the band. if that were to happen, i think a reunion with Slash and Duff becomes 50-50. i don't think Stinson will quit, but i think there is always a chance with him. he's involved with other projects and gnr is not his ideal situation. i could see him getting bored with the whole thing (the music, the delays, not being an equal member in the band, etc.).

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Stinson quiting wouldnt be a big lose

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'll take new music.

And a one off reunion... maybe it turns into something else down the road.

But I think it's funny that people believe that a full-fledged reunion is more likely than getting new music. Twilight Zone.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

There's a first time for everything...

We ain't gonna know 'til the deed is done.

As faldor was talking about, I don't blame Slash & Steven, and the fans for having that attitude. Why wouldn't they?

Regardless of the old band, Axl's known for fucking up a good/perfect thing. Everybody's fuse for his hijinks was extinguished years ago.

It's so far fetched for it to work that even the band themselves can't wrap their heads around it. Stranger things have happened.

I still think if Van Halen can do it (not at the Hall, but in the present), GN'R can without hesitation. It might not be at the Hall, but it will be eventually.

Van Halen doesn't have a bipolar nutjob for a lead singer. Roth is certainly an egomaniac, but I don't think he's anywhere near as crazy/volatile as Axl.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

EVH = Axl. It's not the Dave to Axl comparison that makes sense.

Board footer