You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Next Thing

Axlin16 wrote:

They don't want to drop Axl, because Uni still wants ties to that "Guns N' Roses" brand name.

That is the ONLY reason.

in my opinion, granted.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Exactly...I always got the impression the plan was:

* Release CD
* Euro Tour
* USA Tour
* Finish CD2
* Some kind of tour
* Write new material.

Ron hasn't recorded new music with the band because there's already an album or so done with his parts ready to go (just needs DJ). Why would they start work on Album 3 when Album 2 is mid way through. That's why.

Nothing else has happened because it's taken heaven and earth to get the CD tour done. Dragged on into 3 or 4 years now instead of like 1 year like it was planned...

But I believe that now the NA tour is finally done...that puts CD2 on the agenda...so I'd say a year for over dumbs and mixing, 2 years for label bullshit sorting...I think it'll happen circa 2014 maybe 2015.

Anything sooner and I'd be pleasantly surprised. But i think that's next on Axl's hit list...to be honest I see nothing that suggests a potential reunion is imminent...if it were slash wouldn't be recording with myles and Axl tinkering with Dj's music....maybe we'll get a novelty all star jam or something at the RRHOF..but old GNR isn't comming back from anything I see on the radar.

Which sucks..but then again...on the plus side Slash2 and CD2 will mean I get 2 albums I like not 1.

Great idea, makes sense.

But 2014, 2015... is fucking pathetic. FUCKING PATHETIC.

I still refuse to believe Guns N' Roses is "special" in the fact they can only release two studio albums of original material in 25 goddamn years.

ESPECIALLY when you have a vault, in theory, full of tracks. What a joke.

Sky Dog wrote:

the 2014/2015 thing made me laugh too cause you're literally pulling dates out of your ass. I am quite sure, if Axl AND Uni wanted an album out, they would have one out by Spring/Summer....BIG if though....should be an interesting year nonetheless. 22

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well if the rumors are true, they might already have the second album, unless Axl's changed his mind about tracklist, or adding more DJ on the album, or possibly throwing in one or two extra original tracks from the current band to be the singles.

Either way i'm assuming Axl's vocals are done, and if that's the case all it takes is mixing and delivering and they could be talking release plan by April.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I am 100% pulling the dates out of my ass.

But I'm doing so looking at the history of GNR and considering that it seems most of the business related messes get negotiated and resolved in around 2 years.

When did bumble join the band - 2006 or so - everyone thought the album would be done that year but it took another 2 years or so to happen.

Everyone expected a USA tour around 2009 too..

I figure if someone gave the label the masters now then you're looking at a 4-6 month lead time to get the label machine up and running.

But you also need to add in time to negotiate a new deal - which is sure to be a complex negotiation when you consider some of the music is paid for already - but last time there was no marketing but this time there's been a tour etc etc , time to record the missing parts and remix etc - and I think adding on another 18 months isn't all that unlikely.

I'll be the first in line if an album comes out in your summer (my winter!) but I think realistically we're waiting for at least a year just to iron out the deals. Probably more like two. But then i am just guessing.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Exactly...I always got the impression the plan was:

* Release CD
* Euro Tour
* USA Tour
* Finish CD2
* Some kind of tour
* Write new material.

Ron hasn't recorded new music with the band because there's already an album or so done with his parts ready to go (just needs DJ). Why would they start work on Album 3 when Album 2 is mid way through. That's why.

Nothing else has happened because it's taken heaven and earth to get the CD tour done. Dragged on into 3 or 4 years now instead of like 1 year like it was planned...

But I believe that now the NA tour is finally done...that puts CD2 on the agenda...so I'd say a year for over dumbs and mixing, 2 years for label bullshit sorting...I think it'll happen circa 2014 maybe 2015.

Anything sooner and I'd be pleasantly surprised. But i think that's next on Axl's hit list...to be honest I see nothing that suggests a potential reunion is imminent...if it were slash wouldn't be recording with myles and Axl tinkering with Dj's music....maybe we'll get a novelty all star jam or something at the RRHOF..but old GNR isn't comming back from anything I see on the radar.

Which sucks..but then again...on the plus side Slash2 and CD2 will mean I get 2 albums I like not 1.

Great idea, makes sense.

But 2014, 2015... is fucking pathetic. FUCKING PATHETIC.

I still refuse to believe Guns N' Roses is "special" in the fact they can only release two studio albums of original material in 25 goddamn years.

ESPECIALLY when you have a vault, in theory, full of tracks. What a joke.

2015 at the earlest we havent even seen any leaks yet 22

Sky Dog wrote:

leaks have nothing to do with it.....the long and the short of it is we have no idea when a new record may come. In my eyes, with the RRHOF coming up, this ship could go in any number of directions. The next release could be a 25 year anniversary addition of AFD with bonus tracks and original artwork! How cool would that be?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Given all the other options that we've thrown out there, that wouldn't be super exciting to me at all. I'd buy it though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As long as it's not a re-record....I'd be interested to hear the original performances remastered...(although the other day I listened to jungle and I do miss the "Do you know where the fuck you are" scream - got so used to it live).

But god help me if they release a whole AFD life the Big Daddy Sweet Child of Mine where someone tried a new guitar solo....I'd need therapy to recover wink

So the question is...can Axl resist re-dubbing all the vocals if an AFD rerelease came out.

It's a good idea though to capitalise on the RRHOF without having to re-start old GNR...the label would be kind of dumb not to do it come to think of it.

IT's been over due for a loudness war remaster for some time wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer