You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Next Thing

Sky Dog wrote:

No no no ...just a special anniversary edition of the original. Remastered with bonus tracks and the original artwork. Don't fucking touch anything with the recordings. You could do this AND put out a new band album. Ride the wave....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

madagas wrote:

No no no ...just a special anniversary edition of the original. Remastered with bonus tracks and the original artwork. Don't fucking touch anything with the recordings. You could do this AND put out a new band album. Ride the wave....

Yeah, I could see that working. That or the two-disc Greatest Hits that he wanted to release a couple of years ago.

Or, hell, do a whole series of remasters, kicking off with AFD. You could stick Cornshucker on Lies as a bonus track, for instance.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to hear a legit copy of Crash Diet...love the lyrics...even if Axl said it was really just so the guys could play some guitar.

Also would kill for a studio of sailing.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

The problem is there really aren't any/many bonus tracks.  There's "Ain't Goin' Down", "Just Another Sunday" and I guess "Crash Diet", although that's really a West Arkeen song.  I don't really want to hear "Sentimental Movie".  "Bring it Back Home" is alright, although like "Just Another Sunday" it sounds like a pretty rough demo.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

those are uyi demos...the afd demos and possible songs to choose from would be reckless life, nice boys, ain't going down, don't cry, nov rain, back off bitch. I imagine there are cleaned up recordings of those songs that were done in the afd sessions but not used then.

What we got on UYI would be different than what was done during the formal recording of afd. The afd bonus tracks could just be cleaned up demos.

Either way, I would buy a remastered AFD without bonus tracks if it had the original artwork on the cover. 9

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'd like too see that UYI movie that's stashed away somewhere

And yeah, the old demos, I used to love that old version of back off bitch, really fast and aggressive

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

those are uyi demos...the afd demos and possible songs to choose from would be reckless life, nice boys, ain't going down, don't cry, nov rain, back off bitch. I imagine there are cleaned up recordings of those songs that were done in the afd sessions but not used then.

What we got on UYI would be different than what was done during the formal recording of afd. The afd bonus tracks could just be cleaned up demos.

Either way, I would buy a remastered AFD without bonus tracks if it had the original artwork on the cover. 9

You wanna hear demo versions of already released tracks?  I guess I don't feel the need because I have all the AFD demos already 16

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah..to me they'd just be like inferior versions of songs we already have from UYI....but each to their own I guess.....I'd be up for Crash Diet though!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer