You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Next Thing

misterID wrote:

These remasters sound like a bigger pipe dream than Axl dropping a Chinese Democracy box set 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think releasing any demo version of an existing song isn't Axl's style from what we know of him. Musically even back in the day he's always seemed keen to improve songs and push them farther...demos are a step backward in terms of putting the song out to the universe in it's best form.

But getting the original AFD sessions  - letting someone like Randy Staub mix them and then throw them over to stearling sound for George Marino to master with modern toys..and you'd have a monster album.

The more i think about it WTF don't they do it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The old band need to get together and record full studio 2012 recordings of Jumpin' Jack Flash, Whole Lotta Rosie, and Salt Of The Earth.

To throw on the re-mastered AFD.

I'd buy it in a fuckin' heartbeat.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

After listening to Pink Panther..and watching the live vids...I'd be into the current band doing a Whole Lot of Rosie or Riff Raff studio cut too..

As for re-gnr...it's not happening is my guess...but you know what I think was a loss.

Axl not doing a guest track on Slash's record.

Like I get that Slash might not want to be in GNR full time and have to deal with Axl being in charge and potential lateness and all that.

And I get Axl doesn't want full time members in the band who have junk problems (or may relapse at any stage) and maybe Axl wants to do music that's got more synth or more classical and doesn't just want to make album after album of guitar rockers.

There's good reasons really why both guys might not want a reunion.

But not wanting the other's bullshit full time doesn't preclude a one-off collaboration.

It would have been gold if Slash had sent something like "By The Sword" or "Watch This!" to Axl and let him do a one-off cameo on the album.

Just cos Slash doesn't want to play Shackler's and Axl doesn't want to do the whole snakepit 3 record shouldn't mean they couldn't have occasionally had a moment in common. Especially these days when it could be done without being in the same room even. 

Ahh well. Guess from Axl's comments a while back it's never going to happen...but it would be a way to have the best of both worlds I think!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Roger Waters was on Howard Stern the other day and said they were offered 350 million dollars for a reunion tour... which he turned down. Why did he turn it down? He didn't say exactly but if he can make 100 million doing The Wall on his own, why reunite?

Same here with Axl. Axl right now, u would think pays each member a salary. so Axl prob pockets lion's share of the concert receipts. If GNR make 500k a show. U would think Axl pockets prob 80 percent of what is left.

Whereas GNR reunion, if he had to split everything.. 20 percent of even 2 million per show would be the same amount.

Axl talked on some interview.. maybe online chats or his homework thing or something how the money wasn't that grand.. I say when he figured it all up. he realized it wasn't significantly greater.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would LOVE that. I've dreamed of that for awhile.

That all of these guys can bury the hatchet, and get alone, so much to a point that we could have a merging of GN'R.

So basically you get the current GN'R, as GN'R, but occasionally Slash, Izzy & Duff are special guest stars on studio songs or at select live shows and everybody is cool.

It all boils down to Axl. It's obvious that DJ, Ron & Tommy at least are big fans and totally cool with that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

Same here with Axl. Axl right now, u would think pays each member a salary. so Axl prob pockets lion's share of the concert receipts. If GNR make 500k a show. U would think Axl pockets prob 80 percent of what is left.

Whereas GNR reunion, if he had to split everything.. 20 percent of even 2 million per show would be the same amount.

There is NO WAY Axl is pocketing $400 grand per show with this current band. No way! Even if he were 20% of what a  reunion tour would make would trump that so....  Still Axl isn't pocketing $400 grand/show on a  tour that averaged 10 000 people a night if that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

There is NO WAY Axl is making pocketing $400 grand per show with this current band. No way! Even if he were 20% of what a  reunion tour would make would trump that so....  Still Axl isn't pocketing $400 grand/show on a  tour that averaged 10 000 people a night if that.

Yeah, I don't think Axl is making anywhere near as much money than he would if he signed off on a reunion.  Not even close.  That's why I don't believe it's about money.

Although I can see the point that if Axl doesn't NEED the money, that lessens the need for a reunion to less than it already is.  If he went bankrupt or something then it might be a different story.  By all accounts, he must be doing alright financially.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

There is NO WAY Axl is pocketing $400 grand per show with this current band. No way! Even if he were 20% of what a  reunion tour would make would trump that so....  Still Axl isn't pocketing $400 grand/show on a  tour that averaged 10 000 people a night if that.

35 shows...avg attendance 6,446...avg ticket price $53.

pollstar.....real stats...you can do the math

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think when u factor in Concession,merch and those S American dates etc.. he could prob come somewhat close to that figure.

Board footer