You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Next Thing

monkeychow wrote:

No way to know without knowing what kind of deals he has with promoters.

I mean some bands play for a set fee. Some for percentage of the gate. Some with a mix.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Just sayin, whatever they make.. u know he gets prob 80 percent of.. so reunion would still have to be a shit load at smaller percentage to make it worth it

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

35 shows...avg attendance 6,446...avg ticket price $53.

pollstar.....real stats...you can do the math

I'm not sure if you're debating me or agreeing with me or just asking me to do the math with the way you posted this 16. Anyways based on the numbers you gave me it works out to $341 638.00 per show. That's before production costs, salaries for the crew, management and band members. No fucking way Axl is coming close to banking $400 grand a night. And no way is he pocketing 80% of the gate. Not a chance.

-D- wrote:

Just sayin, whatever they make.. u know he gets prob 80 percent of.. so reunion would still have to be a shit load at smaller percentage to make it worth it

Assuming a reunion tour could sell out arenas and they'd average at least 15 000 people per show and they could bump the average ticket price up to at least $75 they'd be bringing in $1 125 000.00/night . Axl could take 20% of that gate and make as much as he does now IF he's taking 80% of the gate as personal profit which I highly doubt he is. The cold hard fact is a reunion tour is more profitable for everyone when it comes to money. Including Axl Rose.

Sky Dog wrote:

I was agreeing with you. Axl ain't making shit after paying the costs. He probably breaks even. Those are the North American dates. Obviously, his money is made outside of the US.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The artist makes the most off the gate. At the end of the day, even with expenses, Axl is making a lot of money off these tours. This NA tour is probably different which he's provably having to split the profits with Live Nation, if that's what the settlement was. Axl said nobody was making money off this NA tour. But normally, he's making a fine living.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I kinda agree with Bono (big shock being we've been working a feud angle lately 16 ) I doubt Axl's making a dime off these shows.

After expenses, the band, the crew, production, etc.

Not to mention we don't know the terms of the Azoff deal... Axl I think did this tour for free almost. I highly doubt he's profiting.

Now a reunion tour would see him turn a tidy profit. Even if only 20%. Depending on what they do, they could at least do Bon Jovi numbers, and that's on a bad night.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

at least do Bon Jovi Numbers?? U do know Bon Jovi beat Lady Gaga for highest grossing tour last year right?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

at least do Bon Jovi Numbers?? U do know Bon Jovi beat Lady Gaga for highest grossing tour last year right?

Might wanna double check but I do believe U2 had the highest grossing tour of 2011 out doing Bon Jovi by more than 100 million dollars.

Sky Dog wrote:

definitely out did them in North America
http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/charts … nTours.pdf

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah well my dad can beat up your dad

Board footer