You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Next Thing

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

After expenses, I'd bet Axl's walking away with more than hundred grand a night.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

at least do Bon Jovi Numbers?? U do know Bon Jovi beat Lady Gaga for highest grossing tour last year right?

Might wanna double check but I do believe U2 had the highest grossing tour of 2011 out doing Bon Jovi by more than 100 million dollars.

shit sorry, meant 2010..

-D-

-D- wrote:

And for the hell of it 2008 as well:
http://blog.neco.com/2009/02/02/top-25- … s-of-2008/
So yeah.... GNR may want to shoot a bit lower.

Sky Dog wrote:

A worldwide Gnr reunion would do the same thing. Ax and the Band of Gypsys won't but a reunion would do as well and maybe more....assuming Ax plays ball and goes on at a decent hour. Big if......the late starts really hurt sales...in my opinion.

-D-

-D- wrote:

People go to concerts to have a great time, drink and forget their everyday troubles.. they don't like going to shows and have even MORE stress placed on them by late starts, cut off alcohol sales... getting home late with work next day etc..

GNR would prob do Van halen reunion type numbers imo.

Bon Jovi have buiilt a brand,reputation for over 30 years... it is a lot more than just popularity as to why they do so well.

its like a restaurant. *ive used this analogy before*  If everytime u go to a restaurant u get slow service, have to wait on a table, Takes forever for ur food to come.... no matter how great the food is.. u prob aren't going to frequent it as much as a restaurant that has very good food but usually no wait, service is always excellent and u know your gonna have a hassle free night.

Sky Dog wrote:

not sold on "very".....Jovi is standard fare with excellent service. A "pop" band that is in essence no different than Foreigner/Journey et al....

-D-

-D- wrote:
madagas wrote:

not sold on "very".....Jovi is standard fare with excellent service. A "pop" band that is in essence no different than Foreigner/Journey et al....

I think u should go watch a concert. u would change your opinion.

I can always tell the people who judge them on a few radio hits and haven't really been exposed to catalog.

Sure Bad Name, Bad Medicine are cheese filled pop.. but they got some great stuff u don't hear on the radio.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer