You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Skid Row

Lomax wrote:

Why is there no Skid Row thread?

Of late I'm starting to prefer the 3 Skid Row albums to the GNR ones....

Awesome!!!

In a Darkened Room

Firesign:
http://pds1.egloos.com/pds/1/200607/17/ … resign.mp3

Monkey Buisness

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the biggest reason there is no Skid Row thread is because they haven't done anything since 1991's Slave To The Grind.

Subhuman is overrated, and basically they only have two albums. They're both REALLY good albums.

I might post some videos and make comments on those songs.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dig Subhuman Race, the singles were pretty strong tracks (My Enemy, Breaking Down, Into Another) and there are some other cool tracks on there too.

Slave To The Grind is almost untouchable aside from Creepshow, which is just cheesy. I made up my own version, and replaced Creepshow with the unreleased b-side Beggar's Day, and it's a much stronger album.

Thanks for posting the Wembley Stadium performance above too. There's a whole heap more from that gig in that user's youtube channel.

Man, what I would do to go back to that time and relive that gig!:mosh:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Slave is amazing

Quicksand Jesus is so phenomenal. Love every song on the album.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Slave is amazing

Quicksand Jesus is so phenomenal. Love every song on the album.

Yep, along with In A Darkened Room and Wasted Time. Skid Row's epics were definitely up there GN'R's best.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know the difference in skid and GNR honestly?

Slash

Skid don't have those all time great solos.. so essentially u could say without Slash GNR would be skid Row.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

They do have some great lead guitar between Scott and Snake, but yeah, you're right, they're not really all time greats.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
-D- wrote:

U know the difference in skid and GNR honestly?

Slash

Skid don't have those all time great solos.. so essentially u could say without Slash GNR would be skid Row.

Not even close. GNR are on a whole other level.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I just kinda ignored that ridiculous comment.

GN'R might've had the Hanoi Rocks look initially, but Skid was basically another 80's melodic band with an edgier production.

GN'R was the real deal. The byproduct of all of the great bands of the 60's & 70's. Their true legacy and spirit carried on through Guns.

Even if a Doug Aldrich (blues + technical guitarist) had left Lion in the late 80's and joined Guns, they would've been a whole different beast compared to Skid.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer