You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Skid Row

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I like almost all of the old skid row albums, and baz's solo stuff.

The new skid row I've been unable to get into. I tried...I had visions of liking it and baz separately like how I enjoy both chinese democracy and velvet revolver but I just can't seem to make it happen.

As for the old records, everyone loves Slave to the Grind more, but I'm a bit older school....I think the first album was amazing.

I'm a hardcore Slave fan... the AFD of the 90s! Almost...

I don't get what happened with them. Snake, Rachel Bolan, Scotti were amazing songwriters and players. But without Baz (and Rob Affuso) they suck, unfortunately, although Baz had less to do with the music than Axl, supposedly. Still love old Skid Row.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

What I wanna know, is how the hell they went from the awesomeness of this

To shit like this...

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Don`t get carried away people Skid Row is n`t worth cleaning Guns`s touring bus "GNR without Slash would be Skid Row" statement is ridiculous to say the least if not borderline idiotic.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

There's nothing idiotic about it at all. Skid Row from 1989-1995 were a great band.
In 1993 when they opened for GN'R in Australia, many people said that Skid Row even put on a better show than Guns did.

I still find it odd that it was always said by the band that Baz had little input into the bands songs, but how do you explain that since Baz was fired, the band hasn't written one good song since then...

Sebastian Bach's solo CD's are pretty damn good, but I wouldn't say that about Skid Row's albums without him.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

I`ve already voiced my opinion about them they were slightly heavier and better than bon corny, posion, warrant and other hair metal fags from that era but they never were in GNR`s leauge Guns N`Roses > > > > > > Skid Row and it`s not even close.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Dude, you gotta stop stating your opinion like its gospel. And the childish nicknames you give to all these bands, just makes you look silly.... 14

Different strokes for different folks mate 22

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Dude, you gotta stop stating your opinion like its gospel. And the childish nicknames you give to all these bands, just makes you look silly.... 14

Butthurt much ? hair metal for life dude 17
now if you mind your own business it`ll be great 22

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'm not butthurt about anything, but this forum is known for great civilized music conversation, and you're spouting off like a kid in a school yard who dismisses anything unless it's brutal METAL or something... 14 14 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'm not butthurt about anything, but this forum is known for great civilized music conversation, and you're spouting off like a kid in a school yard who dismisses anything unless it's brutal METAL or something... 14 14 14

Brutal Metal 14? yeah,right, carry on assuming things yes, I dismiss cheesy butt "rock " and Skid Row falls in that catergory too. As far as I`m concerned everyone has right to express their ideas and opinions on forums I don`t understand why did you lose your shit on my post you like` em good luck ? I don`t, like I said before, I only voiced my dislike of this perticular band and I don`t care if I stepped on toes.

Board footer